Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 12:42 PM        Fallwell pulls a Chavez
"I certainly hope that Hillary is the candidate," Falwell said, according to the recording. "She has $300 million so far. But I hope she's the candidate. Because nothing will energize my [constituency] like Hillary Clinton."

Cheers and laughter filled the room as Falwell continued: "If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't."

I understand it's supposed to be a joke, but what I like best about this is how insulting it is to his contituency. I mean, they're all hardcore Christians, and he's saying they are more motivated to fight Hillary than SATAN?! He must not think much of their faith.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 01:25 PM       
it's not like the Dems haven't set up a Hillary campaign to polarize our country as much as possible. It's gone beyond partisenship and turned cultish in my opinion - but I'm one of those Democrats they don't want anymore. I won't get with the program, shave my head or wear the beads. I can be critical of Bush without foaming at the mouth like a zombie. Which is why I appreciate all the Hillary is worse then devil jokes Fallwell can come up with. It is Falwell after all. A good argument good be made that everything he says is a joke.

If only Chavez just made a satan joke.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 01:51 PM       
OH, IF ONLY!!!!

"I won't get with the program, shave my head or wear the beads."
Alphaboy

Are these the same lefty blog democrats Kevin wakes up screaming about? And does your tin foil hat pinch. I don't know who all these scary bad Democrats are you guys are running into. I know Hillary has masses of support and all, but so far I've yet to meet an ardent Hillary supporter. I'm not saying they aren't real, I'm not saying there may not be a lot of them. But the only place I routinely run into hard core belief that Hillary is the Democratic choice is amongst Republicans.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 02:18 PM       
Hillary and the lefty nuts are not one in the same. She has recently tried to position herself as the "sensible, managerial" sort of candidate, while remaining "tough" on the Bush admin. over Iraq.

She has a lot of institutional support, and institutional money. She hasn't won over those activists yet, but if it's Hillary vs. (insert a conservative that gets the Left all hot and bothered), they'll warm up to her real fast. Look at the way they've warmed up to guys like Lamont and Webb. Neither of them is terribly radically in what they say. Hell, the latter was in the Reagan administration. But it's really about the dragons they're slaying to those folks, not so much the slayer.

Max, you may be right about Republicans pushing Hillary as the Dem. choice, but she has done enough on her own to stake a claim. Unfortunately, the only other Dem. who could pull in institutional support like that, AND attract the activist base, is probably Al Gore. When I talk to Democrats (predominantly ones outside of DC), that's the name that pops up frequently.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 06:12 PM       
Hillary will have to face other Democrats first. She may have money, but I think her support is shallow.

After all, the Deomcrats might run Satan.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 07:16 PM       
May I ask who Mrburbank would like to see on the democratic and the republican ticket?

Cause I would have preffered lieberman on the democrat ticket but i guess that's impossible now. As for the Republican one I got nothing in mind,
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 09:01 AM       
No one I like is ever going to get elected President. That being said, I'd like to see Bernie Sanders of Vermont as president, or Tom Harkin. Hell, I like Ralph Nader, but he's a TERRIBLE politician and it bothers me he couldn't see significant degrees of difference between Bush and Gore and maybe STILL doesn't see them.

There are a few Republicans I like, concidering they're Republicans. Lincoln Chaffee is okay by me, Olympia Snow too. McCain used to be on my list of Republicans I found trustworthy, even though I disagreed with him entirely on most issues, but he's applied a little too much political Calculus of late for me to stomach.

But to be the candidate, let alone President pretty much requires you to be full of enough shit that I wouldn't want you to be President.

When people actually start running, ask me who I find tolerable.