Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 04:12 PM       
Indeed
And they're always the ones who are like "Yeah, this time we'll win fo'sho!"
Then again, I think it's just good thing. Atleast the damage caused by hooligans will be much smaller.

I've always had two favorites. Italy and Germany. I also have the habbit of rooting for the host team and the underdogs.

Oh and Roberto Baggio for the win.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:35 PM       
I filled out my brackets! Kansas-Texas matchup with Kansas winning all

This is after 45 seconds of arbitrary selection. I filled out my brackets last year without thinking and won in all my pools, so it's the way to go.

I also have Michigan State losing in the first round even though they're a 5 seed , but that's because they suck eggs when they don't play at home.

SPORTS

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:40 PM       
Looks like it is going well, that's good

I like hockey some, it is my 4th favorite sport though. It is much more fun for me live than it is on TV. So I try to catch a Blue Jackets game once a year, it is like some sore of whacky party at an NHL game.

Recruiting in college is interesting, but I have a hard time gathering the info because there is so much of it to gather. I try to keep up with OSU recruiting though. Anything you wish to express an opinion on though in that regard I will gladly discuss with you WhiteRat. Recruiting is very important in college football, it pretty much dictates the preseason ranks.

Soccer is not really popular in the States (which is why we suck in World Cup usually) but we have a pro soccar team in my city, and they have the Buck a Brat night promotion, so I sometimes check that out. For about five minutes David Beckam <sp?> coming to the LA Galaxey was a big story. That kind of petered out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrva View Post
Is pocket pool a sport?
Only if you got the balls to play it

Baseball talk: As a Tigers fan, I am really optimistic about this years season. they got decent pitching and stellar batting. They could go the distance. Here's hoping
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I filled out my brackets! Kansas-Texas matchup with Kansas winning all

This is after 45 seconds of arbitrary selection. I filled out my brackets last year without thinking and won in all my pools, so it's the way to go.

I also have Michigan State losing in the first round even though they're a 5 seed , but that's because they suck eggs when they don't play at home.

SPORTS
Many of the experts are with you on that one. I think I have them out in the second round, but that's because I don't have faith in MSU's opponent
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 06:24 PM       
The only other consideration I put in other than MSU was Indiana, and I have them losing in the first round too because they've totally sucked since their coach left.

I've come a long way from not caring about sports to only vaguely caring about the Big 10.

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 06:27 PM       
Quote:
The only other consideration I put in other than MSU was Indiana, and I have them losing in the first round too because they've totally sucked since their coach left.
I agree wholeheartedly with that pick. Losing the original head coach is a blow they cannot recover from this year.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 06:31 PM       
So guys, what do you think of the Ducks' chances on winning the cup again this season?

Honestly I think they have all what it takes for the cup, but I have to say that I wouldn't be surprised to see either Stars or Wings in finals.

Seems like another dry season for canadian teams. In fact, I have enough balls to claim that the winner of this season will be from western conference - again.

Although I'd like to see Canadiens to hoist the cup, just because Koivu would deserve it :/
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM       
Milhouse, you should start caring more about the Big Ten, specifically Minnesota. In fact, you should be cheering them on tonight as they play Maryland in the first round of the NIT on ESPN!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u51znupszPw

Speaking of NIT, we made an NIT bracket pool at work. Winner takes home 20 bucks so Syracuse better play like the number 1 seed that they are.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
So guys, what do you think of the Ducks' chances on winning the cup again this season?

Honestly I think they have all what it takes for the cup, but I have to say that I wouldn't be surprised to see either Stars or Wings in finals.

Seems like another dry season for canadian teams. In fact, I have enough balls to claim that the winner of this season will be from western conference - again.

Although I'd like to see Canadiens to hoist the cup, just because Koivu would deserve it :/
The Ducks could repeat, but I don't think they will. That is more of a gut feeling though. I tend to agree with the Wings as the odds on favorite, they seem pretty stacked.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:27 PM       
Stupid face Terrelle Pryor is announcing where he'll play college ball tomorrow. The hot rumor on the dark grimy street is that tOSU will be the lucky recipient of his services. It's about god damn time this annoying "saga" is about to end. The kid loves the attention and his massive ego wouldn't allow him to make his mind up by National Signing Day like ever other recruit.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:30 PM       
This is like another forum I post in where there is one General Sports Thread. It gets too hard to follow because there are too many sports.

What if there was a sports subforum that was hidden in the politics forum. If you build it, it will come.

That's a quote from a sports movie!

Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:32 PM       
I agree, so many different posts resulting in a jumbled mass, much like Charlie Weiss' "neck".
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:34 PM       
This is actually a good idea. I made a sports forum and subbed it to the newly-renamed "Movies & Television" forum.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:35 PM       
Well, at least there's my football thread. Which is irrelevant now.

EDIT: COOL. First post in the sports forum.

Could my thread be moved here?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:39 PM       
if you link me to the thread you're talking about, sure
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM       
Move it here for shits and/or giggles but I personally would rather see a new football thread each season for NFL and college. We might as well being that we have our own shiny new sub-forum now.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:53 PM       
It would seem that, since Glowbelly vanished, I am the only one who gives a shit about baseball.

You goddamn commies.
dipshed
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
I'm a baseball fan. Isn't KevinTheOmnivore a baseball fan too?

Let's stop talking about sports in here and actually make some threads!

dipshed
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 10:15 PM       
Also, join the Bracket Bunch as well! Winner gets vet priviledges!

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 10:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky View Post
It would seem that, since Glowbelly vanished, I am the only one who gives a shit about baseball.

You goddamn commies.
Starting a baseball thread for you (and me, I was looking for an excuse to make one) as we speak
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM       
By the way OSU boy just because we're both required to hate Michigan doesn't mean we can be pals ok

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 10:29 PM       
Quote:
By the way OSU boy just because we're both required to hate Michigan doesn't mean we can be pals ok
MSU fan?
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 10:31 PM       
Yeah. We're like the little cousin who tries to get involved in all the heavy rivalries