Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

pickleninja is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 09:31 PM        What was the last good simpsons episode?
Probably the one with Homer's thumb cut off :-\
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 20th, 2003, 10:21 PM       
The last really good one that I saw was the episode where Lisa decides to cheat on that test. I laughed my ass off when it showed how Nelson turned a toilet stall into an office, and Willie was across the aisle unplugging a toilet with his bare hands.

"Look at me! I turned out fine... ach! You're a slippery little bugger... Oh! You've got a partner, have you?!"

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 10:31 PM       
I saw that one a while ago. Heh.

The most recent episode I laughed at...ah, jeez, I can't remember anything else from it except there was an Enron roller coaster.

"We're gonna be rich! Whoa! Broke even! WHOA!"

And the ride ended in the poor house. Classic.

WorthlessLiar is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2003, 02:38 PM        the last funny Simpsons
I thought an episode last season was surprisingly redeeming. It was the one where Grandpa wants to get his license so he can impress this old lady at the retirement castle. As the wackiness unfolds he is introduced to the Souvenir Jacquitos and they have a death race.

-Your jacket, she burns!

-Then I burn with her. For I would rather die than have people not know what stores I have been to.

It was anomolously unsucky and all episodes have sucked since. I think the last good one before that may have been the X-Files one or at least the last episode in that season.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:05 PM       
The one where Lisa joins Mensa. Everything after that became total shit.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2003, 04:00 PM       
The one where the man with the braces made me laught because of one line, "Who do I have to gum to get a refill around here." How the hell did they get away with that!
L L
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2003, 09:12 AM       
Which is the one where Bart contracts a fatal illness and is forced to live in a bubble?

"Lisa, this bubble is great, it give the world a whole new beauty. Look at that wonderful sunset."

"Bart, that's not a sunset, that's a bird on fire!"

NIGhtMAre is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2003, 10:42 AM       
THe latest funniest one was when lisa got those braces.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 02:45 PM       
Is that the one where Ralph breaks down during the Big Book of British Smiles and "Why must you make my office into a house of lies?"
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 03:09 PM       
Homer going to Rock and Roll camp was brilliant, and that was this season.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:39 PM       
I disagree. That episode had maybe one funny part and the rest was just celebrities making lame appearances, which is something that they've been doing for few seasons now and I hate it. I almost couldn't watch the "300th episode" after that lame blink 182 crap.

"Dude we should trash this place" "AFTER we get paid" "Sweet"
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? I did see one funny part on a recent episode though. Lenny and carl fighting with isotopes (I think) and arguing about episode 1 or 2 sucking more.

That was very funny. Well done.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 06:44 PM       
The only things that made me even smile in that skating episode were the demon thing at the beginning and the suit of drugs remark. I was in pain the rest of the time.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:16 PM       
Hastur
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 08:16 PM       
REBEL!

According to the commentary for the first season DVDs (I forget which episode this was mentioned in) Matt Groening wanted the cartoon to have a true-to-life/live action feel to it. In other words, he wanted a cartoon to act as un-cartoony as possible, and therefore not include any crappy slapstick nonsensical stuff in it.

I don't know what the hell happened, but the Simpsons turned into crappy slapstick nonsensical stuff. Exactly what Matt didn't want the show to turn into.

What really pisses me off is that they should have made a movie when the show was good. There are rumors that they will make a movie when the series ends, but I bet it will be horrible. If they had made the movie while the Simpsons was still the great thing it once was, it would probably be one of the greatest ever made (at least in my opinion). When (or if) they make a movie in two or three years, it will be the biggest pile of garbage in Simpsons history. I'm guessing they'll cram more pointless celebrity appearances in 90 minutes than no one can ever even picture within the confines of their vast imagination.

I hate the Simpsons so much now.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 08:21 PM       
That's a good way to die, Rongi.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 08:33 PM       
Any other words you don't want me to say ?

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 08:43 PM       
I can't think of any others that cause insane demigods to kill you or teleport you to their hidden cities, so no.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 10:37 PM       
Yes Zomboid, the 300th episode was garbage. The only funny part was Puppy Goo-goo.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 11:42 AM       
I will never get why people keep watching a show that they have almost nothing nice to say about.
macgruder is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 11:48 AM       
Every one ive ever seen I have not been dissapointed with.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 01:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne
I will never get why people keep watching a show that they have almost nothing nice to say about.
It's because it used to be a great show, and there's always a minute chance that it could become good again. It's like when a relative develops a terminal disease, and you go to visit them in the hospital, even though you know that they are in terrible shape and have almost no chance of recovery, because you still love them.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 02:47 PM       
The Simpsons isn't a dying relative, it's a TV show. And how do you send the message that the show needs to be fixed? By not watching! If the ratings drop, they might re-tool!

I dunno, I always get annoyed at people who do nothing but talk about how bad the show is, it reminds me of the Poochie episode.

CBG: Last night's "Itchy & Scratchy" was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever. Rest assured that I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.
Bart: Hey, I know it wasn't great, but what right do you have to complain?
CBG: As a loyal viewer, I feel they owe me.
Bart: What? They're giving you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? If anything, you owe them.
CBG: [pauses] Worst episode ever.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:20 PM       
I don't agree with that comment either though. We pay for cable (most of us) and the fans made the show what it is. We have the right to bitch about a show that we grew up with suddenly sucking ass on a regular basis.

Boogie pretty much said exactly what I was going to. As a fan, I find it impossible to not watch. From what I've heard and read, most fans feel the same way so a sudden ratings drop because of lack of viewers isn't likely.

That was very funny. Well done.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 08:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne
The Simpsons isn't a dying relative, it's a TV show. And how do you send the message that the show needs to be fixed? By not watching! If the ratings drop, they might re-tool!
It's a metaphor, dammit! A metaphor!!

Anyway, for me it's a tradeoff; part of me wants to avoid the new episodes like the plague in the hopes that the show will be retooled, but another part is pure fanboy, and wants to see every episode, regardless of content.
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 09:46 AM       
Ok, so it's a metaphor! Well then, do you sit around making fun of said relative and talking about how you wish it'd just die already and complain about how shitty they've gotten?