Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 09:53 PM       
There was a woman in front of us whose kid was one of about 30 Meridas, and she was mercilessly and LOUDLY ripping on all the other costumes because her kid had the OFFICIAL Disney wig and bow, etc etc. obnoxious.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 10:03 PM       
Well, I guess she had to do something to make her kid stand out. Because making an clever and original costume was obliviously not something that she was capable of.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 10:11 PM       
Lots of Meridas. Tons....liiterally, 50 or 60- Monster High costumes. It took forfreakingever to get all the kids paraded across the stage, and then they sent everyone into the audience and Snoopy's handler came back out and picked the winning kids.

I was just thrilled that we didn't have to spend $50 on souvenirs. The lady in line ahead of me at the pizza restaurant paid $75 for a medium pizza and five sodas.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 10:27 PM       
the market outside the cemetries has set up so might go buy some sugar skulls and other candies

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Cranberry Everything
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 11:25 PM       
That's awesome, Darkvare. It'd be great to see some pictures of both the candies and the cemetery markets as well.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:31 PM       
Agreed. If you can, take some photos of the market itself, Darkvare. Would love to see 'em!
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 05:16 PM       
first i like to apologize cause i get a block when i go to markets and take very few picture but i hope you like them
here's how it looks when you walk in

there's lots of flower shops be it natural or plastic

i bought only form this little shop

i bought this skull mug

and a decorated chocolate skull

i'll go take more pictures at night cause this market really lights up in the night also i saw death head but i got shy and didn't took a picture

teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 07:10 PM       
Death Head?

I've never seen a chocolate one.

I also feel sorta vindicated because every sign says Dia de Muertos and every Spanish teacher in the states says Dia de LOS Muertos and that never flowed right in my head, so I'm glad to see that they were wrong kinda
taco loving zombie
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 07:17 PM       
by death head i mean this figure
http://www.i-mockery.com/halloween/b...ead-terror.php

teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM       
Oh, cool.

Excellent mug also btw.
Cranberry Everything
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 05:49 PM       
Thanks for the pics, Darkvare! Very cool stuff.

Bring on the Trick-or-Treaters!

Happy Halloween, everyone!
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:20 PM       
I went to a store called Five Below today (everything $5 and under), and they had the entire line of Bandai halloween crap on clearance. I got a whole mess of it for $1...vampire hair, werewolf fur and some sort of candy that's eyeballs impaled on forks. I'll take pics tomorrow.
Cranberry Everything
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:35 PM       
Congrats on finding the mother lode of bizarre Bandai candy! I look forward to seeing the pics.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:21 PM       

So yeah, this stuff was all on a cart at Five Below for 25c a pop so I got a mess of it.

Here's the Vampire Hair that Foy's didn't have. The package said this is "Wild Berry" flavor.

The texture was a little freakier than I remembered with the Werewolf Fur. Less "cotton candy" and way more "fibreglass insulation". It was so fine-spun that when you went for a pinch of it, your fingers got the sensation of pinching through cornstarch or talcum powder that gave a little crunch and then no resistance at all. Regardless, since I hate Green Apple in all its forms, Vampire Hair's Wild Berry was a definite improvement on the counterpart. Sort of half Blue Raspberry and half Assorted Fruit Tums.

The pop rocks were not quite as potent, which was a disappointment.

Then we've got these fork-eyeball things called "Forkz", also made by bandai:

They come in various colors, but the gist of it is that there's a roughly eyeball-like lollipop impaled on a black plastic fork. I was unimpressed, but Mr. Kitsa called them "unnerving". The flavor was your standard generic corn syrup lollipop flavor, with a hint of whatever flavor the iris was supposed to be (this one was Green Apple, of course).

So that's the Bandai collection as I know it.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:27 PM       
And an aftertaste of...soap? Why am I tasting soap? :/
Cranberry Everything
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM       
The Vampire Hair looks awesome and for some reason I really like the idea of edible fiberglass.
Bandai just seemed to pick the strangest, cheapest candies.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:59 PM       
Looks like this is next.