Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:53 PM       
Usually the strong (elite units and those most willing to fight) are pretty much wiped out in the beginning stages of the war. At least that was the case in both World Wars. You're pretty much left with rookies and unwilling draftees towards the end.

It's pretty much counter-productive in that sense.
Escape will make me god.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:54 PM       
Where do you get a stat like that from?
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 04:12 PM       
All this talk about the strong is ridiculous. Go to a gym if you want to be strong. And as for weeding out the weak, why weed them out? If they're so weak they'll weed themselves out.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 05:10 PM       
Weak of mind or weak of body? What are we looking for here? What Hitler called the perfect specimen? All those experiments showed that the offsrping were nothing like... Why the fuck am I even bothering
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 06:10 PM       
Every thread Mr. Kampf participates in devolves into sweeping generalizations. It's basically how the guy thinks.

This is also probably the worst possible topic to generalize about, considering there's not much in common between, say stone-age raids in the Amazon and low-intensity conflict in the Balkans or whatever.

Strength doesn't really mean a thing in war outside of individual battles. Japan and Germany prevailed on the battlefield more often than not and ended up with a gelded culture and the lowest birth rates in the western world. History is chock full of examples of small but tough tribes that get slowly ground into hamburger by their weaker but larger and wealthier neighbors. (see paraguay) I'd say the single greatest weapon nowadays is demographics.

That said, someone should attempt to explain how the Peloponnesian war was a good thing. Agricultural aristocracy (Sparta) defeats commercial democracy (Athens). It ended the Greek golden age and enabled Alexander the Great to conquer Greece and use its blood and treasure to finish off the crumbling Persian empire. A nice achievement, to be sure, but didn't accomplish anything of lasting significance. After the death of Alexander the Seleucid empire was formed, only to be defeated by cavalry archers from the Asian steppes (a recurring theme).

Oh, and as a side note, what about the Afghans? Some of the best fighters in the world, and they only fight for two things: boys to rape, and money.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 06:11 PM       
Opium fields, too, but I guess that could go under "money".

Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 08:54 PM       
Yep, and the Spartans didn't help Alexander, because they refused to take part in a campaign that wasn't lead by the Spartans. Alexander had some commemorative shield on it that said something along the lines of "Thanks to all the Greek states, except Sparta"
I have no fuckin clue where this conversation is going anymore. I think it's time lock lock this clusterfuck thread lol
Escape will make me god.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 05:16 AM       
Are we supposed to be in a state of constant war? 1984 stylee.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 02:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Are we supposed to be in a state of constant war? 1984 stylee.
Fuck that shit! Give me liberty or give me death!