Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 03:11 AM        I want to work for the poison control hotline
Think about it, what other job can you order people to throw up? Either that or I want to get a phone number thats one digit off from poison control.

Last edited by Evil Robot : Feb 24th, 2009 at 03:17 AM. Reason: i am retard
Sex Panther
Gato is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 01:34 PM       
I'd rather work a 9-1-1 line. Can you imagine the joys of putting someone on hold?
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 06:24 PM       
I had to call poison control once for my son. He drank some coleman fuel. He was two years old at the time.

I was told not to induce vomiting, but instead to give him milk to drink.

So either they will be told to vomit...or drink a glass of milk. Cookies are optional.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 07:42 PM       
What a dumb kid.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 08:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_squared View Post
I had to call poison control once for my son. He drank some coleman fuel. He was two years old at the time.

I was told not to induce vomiting, but instead to give him milk to drink.

So either they will be told to vomit...or drink a glass of milk. Cookies are optional.
In school, we were always taught that you shouldn't try to make someone who swallowed a toxic substance vomit. This is because the poison might burn the throat as it comes back up.

I also remember being told to give them milk. We were told why, but I've forgotten...
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 09:02 PM       
Thank you, ZQ. Short, but pointless.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Insane Writer
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM       
Oh shut up.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 10:02 PM       
WOULD YOU LIKE SOME?
Insane Writer
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 11:11 PM       
No thank you...
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:21 AM       
wow that's basic chemistry. Fuel has a low ph when it gets mixed with the ph of the stomach it goes higher making it less acid milk has a ph level of 6.7 so it can neutralize the effects of many acids, be wary water can set some chemicals on fire

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:58 AM       
I didn't go to no fancy "school" like ZQ, but there are multiple reasons not to induce vomiting. Before I got this awesome job as a leech/message board regular, I used to do medical shit. It's all about the activated charcoal, son. It'll sop that poison up like gravy on a biscuit.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 02:04 AM       
I'm all about that activated charcoal, son.
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 02:21 AM       
Sa da tay!
Salticidae!
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
What a dumb kid.
In all fairness it wasn't his fault. The fuel was poured into an empty soda can. The can was used as a better funnel than the gas can to fill the stove.

He thought it was a soda.

And no, I was not the one to pour it into the soda can....That would be my husband. If you want to call him dumb...feel free.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 09:28 PM       
Should have went with Diet Poison Zero. Glad he's okay though.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 10:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_squared View Post
In all fairness it wasn't his fault. The fuel was poured into an empty soda can. The can was used as a better funnel than the gas can to fill the stove.

He thought it was a soda.

And no, I was not the one to pour it into the soda can....That would be my husband. If you want to call him dumb...feel free.
i'd bet he doesn't just go around drinking other people's sodas anymore now, huh

not his fault my eye
Salticidae!
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 12:28 PM       
your right, he does not drink other peoples sodas anymore.