Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 11:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
It would be really, really easy to forget that it is an animal. Milo was so human. He even played gameboy on the long cross country drives.
Wow. Was he any good at it? I think I saw something with chimps playing Pac-man a few years ago, but they didn't seem to grasp the point of the game.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 12:11 AM       
Do the have "Maul the Ladies Face" on Gameboy already!?!? Sweet!
90's Child is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 12:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida View Post
Makes sense to me. Take out the face and you remove access to sensory data. Although Frans de Waal has a darker view on the matter:

"You can not have cruelty in creatures that don’t have empathy. Ironically enough, for example a shark can do a lot of damage, it can hurt you very terribly, but I don’t, don’t think a shark can be cruel, it doesn’t have the brains to understand what the effect is of its actions. Now chimpanzees do have that kind of understanding. Chimpanzees have empathy and sympathy and so as a result they can also inflict pain on purpose I think."

A male chimp is probably the worst possible pet of all great apes. Bonobos are horny and utterly peaceful. (Though I guess for a pet the constant sexual presentation would get a bit awkward) Gorillas are hulking but docile, silverbacks will fight over harems but it's mostly ritualistic and deaths are rare, though they will kill the offspring of competing males. Male orangutans are rapists and make terrible pets as well. Gibbons are speed freaks that only want to fling poop and do george of the jungle shit all day long.

But chimps are just fucked up cannibals that wage war on competing social groups, eat theirs and others' young, and fashion weapons to hunt adorable lesser primates like bushbabies.
And the worst part is that we share 99% of their DNA. Mark my words, the evil in man's heart that has let us dominate for aeons will soon send our Tower of Babel crumbling to the ground.

I can't really tell whether that was an emo or Metal thing to say.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 11:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90's Child View Post
And the worst part is that we share 99% of their DNA. Mark my words, the evil in man's heart that has let us dominate for aeons will soon send our Tower of Babel crumbling to the ground.
Jane Goodall talked about that when she discovered violent behavior among chimps. It really bothered her.

Well, we stopped living in trees and picking fleas off of each other, perhaps we can stop being violent...
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM       
I think I just heard that the lady with no face is suing her friend. I looked online but haven't seen anything yet. If she is, then I hope she loses. I don't feel sorry for either of them. I know, we can talk about if your dog bites someone who comes over to your house and what not. That makes sense, whatever. I just don't really care about either of these two people.

I only feel obligated to feel sorry for people who are dying of cancer and are remorseful for the way they acted.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 03:38 PM       
Here we go.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...Hv_pAD96VTOS01
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 03:57 AM       
I think she should be awarded money because from what I understand she called her over to help her calm down the chimp ;\
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
I think she should be awarded money because from what I understand she called her over to help her calm down the chimp ;\
Oh the irony.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2009, 11:30 AM       
HUMANS WILL ALWAYS WIN
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2009, 03:27 PM       
That's not ironic, its just a coincidence
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:24 PM       
Truth is, that woman had it coming.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
That's not ironic, its just a coincidence
It's really bad luck, that's what it is.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 01:45 AM       
Greatest flash game ever... CHIMP ATTACK You are a chinp in a cage and must bite and dismember your way to freeedom. Watch out for those cops! Make it to the end and you get to write the next stimulus bill!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 02:19 PM       
People never learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uklO...p%3A%2F%2F
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 12:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
Greatest flash game ever... CHIMP ATTACK You are a chinp in a cage and must bite and dismember your way to freeedom. Watch out for those cops! Make it to the end and you get to write the next stimulus bill!
That sounds like a Flash game to be invented. It could go along with the Bush-dodging-shoes one.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.