Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:52 PM        NHL 2012-2013 Season
*crickets*
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 11:18 AM       
THE KINGS BROKE THE SYSTEM EVERYONE PANIC
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:12 PM       
82 down, 2378 to go.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 11:34 PM       
Poor Jackets, it's like "Things are looking up, we've got a new roster, traded our Big Star, got the All-Star venue and....oh."
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:17 AM       
Poor Jets, it's like "YEAH WE GOT A TEAM BACK AND.... oh."
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:52 AM       
I went to high school with the girl that is part of that obnoxious radio morning show trio in Winnipeg. They just switched from one station to another. I'm guessing your average citizen of Winnipeg would know what I'm talking about.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 12:51 PM       
So what's the word. I don't want to read the news at CBC.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 04:22 PM       
Why, braw?

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:38 PM       
Because I hate reading nowadays. It's so full of bullshit and rich people fighting over rich things. I just want to know when I can put on my jersey without having to listen to assholes.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:42 PM       
For me it's an american thing with the football and the bball and the hockey and the president. I'm so tired.
Resident Chimp
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I went to high school with the girl that is part of that obnoxious radio morning show trio in Winnipeg. They just switched from one station to another. I'm guessing your average citizen of Winnipeg would know what I'm talking about.
Yeah, it caused quite a stir! Then everyone realized we don't listen to radio anymore.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM       
I can get on board with a fuck radio thread if that is where this is going.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 09:16 PM       
Well, since there's still no hockey, have at it.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 07:40 AM       
The Jackets' facebook feed is a steady stream of updates from Springfield, as if anyone can get excited about that.

I MISS 2008
The Wolf
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 02:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
I can get on board with a fuck radio thread if that is where this is going.
IT'S HORRIBLE.

Resident Chimp
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 06:29 PM       
OH SHIT 50/50
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 01:24 AM       
Zach Parise is growing restless.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:28 PM       
nhl.com has resorted to stories like this on its main page

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643744&navid=DL|NHL|home

ROWDY RODDY PIPER BEATS UP HOCKEY PLAYER....FRIENDS FOR LIFE.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:06 PM       
I saw a listing for hockey tonight and was like wtf, but it was a Canucks-Penguins game from 2010.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:59 PM       
From CBJ-

Dear Fans,

Last January's exciting news that the National Hockey League had awarded the 2013 All-Star Celebration to Columbus was a testament to the outstanding support of our fans and spoke to the strength of Central Ohio as a hockey market. Unfortunately, due to the absence of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and NHL, we have been informed by the League that this year's event has been cancelled.

While we are especially disappointed for our fans, who responded so enthusiastically to this event coming to Columbus, we believe that today's news is merely a postponement. We can assure you that our commitment to bringing All-Star festivities to our city is as strong as ever. The NHL continues to believe Columbus will be a great host and will work with us to bring the event here as soon as possible.

Over the past several months, our staff has worked extremely hard with the League, the Greater Columbus Sports Commission, our public officials and numerous members of the local business and hospitality communities on this project. Our goal was simple - to host the best All-Star Weekend the NHL has ever seen - and it remains our goal today. We believe Nationwide Arena, the Arena District and the entire Central Ohio community offer a truly unique setting for this event and we know Columbus will be a great host when the All-Star Celebration does come here.

We understand this is a challenging time for all of us who love the game of hockey, but we are confident we will get through it together. No one is as eager as we are to take the ice as we have made a number of significant improvements to our organization, highlighted by John Davidson recently joining the Blue Jackets as President of Hockey Operations.

We are dedicated to building a world class organization with a winning culture led by a team that competes at a high level every night and ultimately wins the Stanley Cup. We have turned the page on the past and together with you will achieve new levels of success in the future. As JD said at his introductory press conference, we're going to do this "one brick at a time and build a team Columbus will be proud of."

Regards,

Mike Priest
President
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:37 PM       
When I heard this, I immediately thought "Kitsa is not going to be pleased". So long to the all star game.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:23 PM       
I would have been more surprised if they hadn't cancelled it.

Still, sad. The Jackets are the Charlie Browns of hockey. "I got a stick of gum!" "I got a penny!" "I got a chocolate bar!" "...I got a rock."

Just can't catch a damn break. But as NHL teams go, you couldn't ask for a more accessible or fan-friendly team. Sometimes having no reason to go prima donna pays off.
Coulrophobe
Mike Tobacco is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:46 PM       
It never ceases to impress me how the Ohio sports fan takes it in stride. Kudos!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 12:55 PM       
I'm very displeased with gary bettemen and his approach to not fucking up this hockey this season.

Fuck you gary
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 09:00 PM       
I thought they learned their lesson from the last time this happened. I really did.