Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 08:37 PM        All aboard the wtf bus (a pictorial)
This is, so far, the weirdest object I've ever found at Foy's.

I was poking around their off-season drifts of assorted clutter, past sets of pogs and olive forks and plastic wedding-cake toppers and percolator lids and giant Shrek souvenir pencils, when I came upon this box and instantly knew I had to have it:

Now, I'm not entirely ignorant of India. I was raised with Telegus, and I know that Champak is a kids' magazine. Like Highlights for Children, but with shittier print quality. I was expecting a fairly standard, straightforward, tin bus toy with maybe the magazine logo on it or something.

Ok, an Indian bus that for some reason carries go-getting caucasian commuters. But still. For some reason I thought that what was on the outside was a pretty good reflection of what I could find inside. So I opened the box, and here's what I saw:

Got to honestly say, I was not prepared for the possibility of this Indian commuter bus to be topped with freaking Santa Claus and some random Christian saint. Well, this is all mighty intriguing. Let's take a closer look, shall we?

So the bus company logo is a rocket-powered pig pulling a manic skateboard-riding clown dog in a blue straitjacket. Fair enough. And what of the passengers? If this were to scale, their heads would be the size of those ball things that kids sit and bounce on. I don't like the look of that guy on the far left at all. And what's with the kid in the glasses? I can't figure out if they just went over a bump, he's playing Jolly Roger, or what. The jolt also seems to have particolored his frames.

The other side has another weird assortment of kids, although none are particularly objectionable. Let's see who's driving this wacky thing.

Sort of like a little desi Rob Schneider. I don't know what the hell is going on underneath him.

The mouse kicking a brown volleyball doesn't really solve any mysteries.

While we're examining it, here, I thought I'd get a shot of the mechanism for you too. Brand new but looks like it has quite a few miles on it.

Anyway, for around $5 it was mine, and now enjoys pride of place in my kitchen. How this object came to Foy's, I have no idea. I've never seen anything quite like it.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 10:00 PM       
Wow, that thing is great!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 10:49 PM       
until you reach the heart of avarice you will not avow yourself of these mysteries!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 11:46 PM       
Haha that is too awesome. I'm pretty sure the souls of some dead children are stored inside that bus. A wonderfully creepy and bizarre find if I've ever seen one. Foy's continues to amaze.

Thanks for sharing the pics, Kitsa! (just linked to it on the I-Mockery homepage btw)
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 01:51 AM       
I have NO CLUE how you would get all those images together to make that. It's beyond reason.

That would go right on my mantle.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM       
Thanks...yeah, this was a strange one. When I opened it and saw Santa, I thought maybe there'd been a mistake and it was a tin bank or something in the box. Then I saw the Champak logo. I still have no idea why it bears absolutely no resemblance to the bus depicted on the outside.

Another thing that bugged me were the windows...some pointed forwards, some pointed backwards, and one was a regular rectangle. I think the artist must have said, "eh, good enough" more than once.

This is the only other place I've seen this object mentioned online, and I searched pretty extensively. Two bucks more than Foy's, but if you've got to have it, there's a way.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 09:03 AM       
'its ready to cruise your highway of dreams!'

Certainly your kind of dreams, Kitsa.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 09:12 AM       
that's for damn sure.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 09:13 AM       
I was only able to access the "tinmantoy" pic on that website, as my firewall (die 1000 deaths) will not allow me to view any of your undoubtedly splendid pictures. Even so, WTF seems a much better name for this bus than Champak.
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM       
Wow, Kit. That was worth the wait!
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM       
Can we get a close up of that freaky kid on the left?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM       
I count 6 different freaky kids to the left.
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 12:26 PM       
The one to the far left of the wanna be pirate kid. She knows who Im talking about.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM       
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 01:12 PM       
That has to be the youngest tranny I have ever seen.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 02:21 PM       
I thought he looked like a changeling.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 02:41 PM       
is it my imagination, or does he have a black eye?
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 03:27 PM       
Trannies gotta make samiches fast too you know.
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM       
It's Donny Osmond, you fool. He makes sammiches for no one.
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 04:54 PM       
And thats why he has a black eye.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 01:25 PM       
More Foy's news....our beloved local horror host, Dr. Creep, died yesterday.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/26501097/detail.html
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 04:20 PM       
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM       
What! He didn't die, that's a bunch of bologna.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 11:06 PM       

aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 03:36 PM       
bus driver looks like little monsters era fred savage