Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Danskjävlar!
Mintrude is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 05:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash View Post
LLN-era Mütiilation was awesome, the new stuff is just horrible. And Belketre was the best LLN band.
I rather liked Black Millennium! Belketre are all right. Their side of March To The Black Holocaust freaked me out so bad I had to turn it off.
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 08:24 AM       
Black Millenium was boring, and had the worst cover I've ever seen.
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
Styled Executioner is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 08:43 AM       
Speaking of Black Metal; anyone going to Wacken this year? I went last year and I have to say it was the best time of my life.

Anyway, BM. Anyone else on here like Anaal Nathrakh? I don't think they're that big outside of Europe but I'd seriously recommend anyone to give them a listen. They're kind of a Grind Black Metal Industrial-ish sound, but they kick ass. Plus I know the frontman, he drinks in a pub I go to.

My favourite BM outfit of the moment though has to be Nattefrost. I might not agree with the ideology behind NSBM, but fuck me it sounds awesome.

All that said though, I'm more of a Death Metal fan than anything else.
A Total Fairy
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:20 PM       
Nattefrost NSBM? Since when?
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 03:08 PM       
Huh? I think hes getting some other group and Nattefrost's solo project mixed up. I don't ever remember ol' Natte having any NSBM leanings in his music.

And Mintrude, fuck Vlad Tepes... Just...Fuck..Vlad..Tepes...

Have you guys gotten a chance to listen to the new Marduk yet? I generally get most new albums before they release ( well, this ones already released but thats not my point... ), and I have to say Rom 5:12 fucking annihiliated.
Styled Executioner is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 03:56 PM       
I suck at compartmentalising my subgenres of Metal.
Danskjävlar!
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 04:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetsnaz View Post

And Mintrude, fuck Vlad Tepes... Just...Fuck..Vlad..Tepes...

Come on! Their side of March To The Black Holocaust cannot be fucked with. Any Peste Noire fans here? The debut's a classic, but apparently the second one blows.
A Total Fairy
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 05:20 PM       
I don't understand why everyone creams their pantaloons everytime someone mentions Peste Noire, it's ok at best.

So, does anyone like Satanic Warmaster?
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 05:28 PM       
Quote:
I don't understand why everyone creams their pantaloons everytime someone mentions Peste Noire, it's ok at best.

So, does anyone like Satanic Warmaster?
I hate Peste Noire. I dont know if thats surprising or not.

As for Satanic Warmaster, I have all his full albums except for the live album, Black Metal Massacre LIVE. Did you listen to the new Eastern Hammer split with Graveland, Nokturnal Mortum, North, and Temnozor? I thought it was dissapointing at best.
A Total Fairy
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 06:15 PM       
The only band from Eastern Hammer that I like is Nokturnal Mortum, and their track is just a re-recording of a song from Goat Horns, so I think I'll pass.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 07:12 PM       
Its a faster paced re-recording.

Nokturnal Mortum was the only good band on their though. I don't like the new direction Rob Darken is taking Graveland though.
Danskjävlar!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 04:26 PM       
I, ever the contrarian, like Graveland's new sound. I'm not doing it on purpose, I swear.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 06:44 PM       
His new sound was good on like...maybe one or two albums... Then it got tiring... You do know he does the new shit under another name... Lord Storm or something like that.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 06:47 PM       
I really loved black metal as a teenager.
With the exception of a few bands, it's totally gay. Profanatica gay at that.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 06:52 PM       
Profanatica....Is really fucking gay.
Vanhelm13 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM       
Oh god, not them...

Wait. Black metal thread.

"Oh satan, not them"
Danskjävlar!
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 11:10 AM       
And how could we have a black metal thread without Immortal? Despite the fact that they're the silliest thing grown men have been involved with since the invention of the fake plastic vagina, they're damn good.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 01:07 PM       
Yeah, but Immortal doesn't take themselves seriously. I fucking love that. They have the most redicilous fucking photo shoots, not to mention that one video where they're all playing on a mountain top in the snow.

That and they actually have talent, which is hard to come by in this genre of teen fanboys and psuedosatanaists.
A Total Fairy
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM       
In the Nebular raven's winter

Winds are known from where they blow
Danskjävlar!
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 02:19 PM       
Quote:
In the Nebular raven's winter

Winds are known from where they blow
Blizzard Beasts just happens to be my fave Immortal album. I like how it's so ridiculously full-on all the way through.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 02:51 PM       
Ravens season has begun
Melancholic ageless and unknown
Mesmerized you fall in our domain
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 03:40 PM       
Masters Hammer might be something some of you may want to look into. They're like the Dissection that never went gay.
Absu is worth checking out, especially the album Tara.
Blood Storm is simply awesome. The last album Sirian Storm was absolutely crushing.

Not all black metal is all "Satan and eeeeeevil".

And with the exception of a VERY few bands Wacken looks like shit this year. Keep It True has been slaughtering Wacken's line ups for quite awhile now.
Danskjävlar!
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 03:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God View Post
Masters Hammer might be something some of you may want to look into. They're like the Dissection that never went gay.
Absu is worth checking out, especially the album Tara.
Blood Storm is simply awesome. The last album Sirian Storm was absolutely crushing.

Not all black metal is all "Satan and eeeeeevil".

And with the exception of a VERY few bands Wacken looks like shit this year. Keep It True has been slaughtering Wacken's line ups for quite awhile now.
Tara is like, one of the best things ever. I have a (possibly unfair) opinion of Absu as one-album wonders, are their other albums any good?
Egg
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM       
I think everything Absu's ever done is awesome, but I would suggest the Mythological Occult Metal double disc as a good "sampler" for their work if you're not too familiar with them. The Third Storm of Cythraul is probably my second favorite Absu full length though.
A Total Fairy
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 08:18 PM       
Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L was a boring album.