Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Loveline
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 01:32 PM        Awkwardness at work
So I'm in work talking to this girl I work with who I've spoken to a few times but don't know that well. She says "alright?" when she greets me and I say alright back. I then say "I'm always saying "alright?" when I see people, I'm trying to make a conscious effort not to." She agrees and says "I know, it's because we're constantly passing people in the corridors, you don't have time to say anything else."

An hour later I'm sat at my desk bored, everyone who usually sits near me had gone somewhere else so I had no one to talk to. I decide to send her a hilarious email just saying "alright?" thinking that she would reply "alright" and that would be the end of it. I then see a look of confusion / disgust on her face as the email gets to her, and receive no reply. Five minutes later I walk up to her desk and say "that was an ill advised attempt at humour that's getting more and more awkward the longer it goes on." She said "oh right. I didn't know your last name so wasn't sure if it was from you. I only just realised." I then tried to explain myself out of my hole by talking about how bored I was over there by myself etc etc. Not sure how it came off, but regardless, I have been a cringing wreck for the last two hours.

So, tomorrow do I acknowledge it and make fun of myself a little bit, or just move on, pretend it never happened and act natural? I think part of the reason this went so horrendously wrong is that you can easily just read it as me being like "hey, what's up?" Which is probably the dumbest thing to email someone that you work with.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 02:07 PM       
You can do one of three things:

1. Greet her in the hallway/corridor with "Hey now!", or "Back Atcha!" or "Yo. Adrian!" or anything other than "Alright!", and make an effort to not say "alright" to her ever again.

2. Begin a conscious effort to get to know this person - casually chat about the weather, the game last night, or a recent episode of "The McNeil-Lehrer News Hour" - find out if you have anything in common.

3. Ask Tadao - He'll really have some ideas to help you out.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 8th, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 04:03 PM       
Boner hug her
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 04:12 PM       
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you are attracted to her.

It's only going to get weirder for her if you try to correct it. How about you just show up tomorrow and when she makes eye contact with you and says "alright" you shamefully look to her feet and say "I am now that you are here".

If she acts like a cunt do a Jim Carry "WELL ALRIGHTY THEN!"
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM       
Start saying WOTCHER instead. That's a British thing too, right? EH WOT

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 10:37 PM       
start saying aleft
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 11:36 PM       
who the fuck says "alright" anyway

fucking hi and hello take just as long to say. Fuck both of you. even hows it goin only takes a sec
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 11:51 PM       
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 01:47 AM       
Booyakasha

My british advice is you should plug her bum with a cockup.
BANNED

Old Aug 8th, 2012, 01:55 AM       
i thought british people were supposed to be all polite
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 05:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Boner hug her
Winner.
You may already be there.
Arts & Farts
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 01:03 PM       
UPDATE: I said "aleft," we laughed, everything worked out fine.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 08:44 PM       
HAVE YOU SEXED HER UP YET????
BANNED

Old Aug 9th, 2012, 09:30 PM       
im such a ladies man by proxy
Arts & Farts
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 10:43 PM       
I'll update this thread when sex happens.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM       
Might as well close the thread then.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 06:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor View Post
UPDATE: I said "aleft," we laughed, everything worked out fine.
i'm a little bit angry that anyone found that funny
Arts & Farts
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 07:03 PM       
I'm angry you thought anyone found that funny.
BANNED

Old Aug 20th, 2012, 02:14 AM       
CHOJINS JUST JEALOUS CAUSE IM SUCH A HIT WITH THE LADIES

HES WHAT U MIgHT CALL JELLY
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 04:36 PM       
He's what you might call cheeseburger.
BANNED

Old Aug 20th, 2012, 09:29 PM       
i was thinkin jelly donut

maybe i should go with jelly honut
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 07:35 AM       
Have you sexed her yet?