I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The whole Octuplets thing. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701622)

pac-man Feb 16th, 2009 08:51 PM

I could see TLC putting that with its Jon & Kate/Midget Family block of programming.

Evil Robot Feb 16th, 2009 10:51 PM

Are those pictures real? I thought they were photoshops!

ZeldaQueen Feb 18th, 2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 614405)
I could see TLC putting that with its Jon & Kate/Midget Family block of programming.

Or at least some Hallmark original movie.

I'd say like the original Cheaper by the Dozen, but the Gilbreth family actually accomplished things other than having a large number of children.

Kitsa Feb 19th, 2009 09:02 AM

I saw something in passing on the news about some psychiatrist filling out papers to have the children taken away. The little bit I saw said that the psychiatrist never met her.

pac-man Feb 19th, 2009 12:38 PM

Somebody better take the kids before they all end up living under a bridge.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29265865/

Kitsa Feb 19th, 2009 12:48 PM

$605,000?!? Houses here go for $100,000 or thereabouts, and that's midlevel ranch stuff. I don't know how people get by at all out there.

The biggest house I ever lived in had 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms, a pond and a large parcel of woodland. I think when it sold it was around $275,000, and that was standard for the area.

California is cray-zee.

Tadao Feb 19th, 2009 01:05 PM

You have to pay the sun god.

ZeldaQueen Feb 19th, 2009 07:58 PM

What's a god going to do with money? I could never figure that one out... :\

And I can't imagine how that woman is going to live in a house with fourteen children. It's all a person can do to deal with two or three children (or even just one) sometimes! She's going to go crazy(er)

pac-man Feb 19th, 2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen (Post 614923)
What's a god going to do with money? I could never figure that one out... :\

Apparently you've never been a god before. :rolleyes

Tadao Feb 19th, 2009 08:30 PM

Straight pimpin'

Dr. Boogie Feb 19th, 2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen (Post 614923)
And I can't imagine how that woman is going to live in a house with fourteen children. It's all a person can do to deal with two or three children (or even just one) sometimes! She's going to go crazy(er)

She lives with her mother where she pays no rent, and she believes a college education will give her enough money to go from accepting foodstamps to paying for her 14 children to grow up and not be totally screwed. She's already completely mental.

pac-man Feb 20th, 2009 12:15 PM

Well, no need to worry about Octo Mom. Gloria Allred and a nonprofit group will provide her with a house and around the clock child care, all paid for through donations. So remember, kids: If you don't work, procreate irresponsibly, and rely on others to provide for you, everything will work out fine and you'll gain a good measure of celebrity or maybe a tv show in the process.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_11744662

b_squared Feb 20th, 2009 02:56 PM

People are helping out for the kids sake. The sad thing is they are going to be raised by her.

Tadao Feb 20th, 2009 02:58 PM

pac-man Feb 20th, 2009 03:03 PM

That's just the thing though, she's being rewarded via the children. Chances are she will get a tv deal, people will donate, and she will not have to lift a fucking finger.

"I'm saying, you're what's wrong with America, Simpson. You coast through life, you do as little as possible... and you leech off decent hard-working people, like me! If you lived in any other country in the world, you'd have starved to death long ago!"

Tadao Feb 20th, 2009 03:10 PM

People have kids and milk the system all the fucking time. Is this really the breaking point and what are you prepared to do about it? What about the people who have 4 kids and don't even feed them and spend the money on drugs instead? Oh yeah, we forgot about that because it doesn't make the news anymore.

pac-man Feb 20th, 2009 03:16 PM

They're just as bad as she is, dude. I'm not giving them a pass. Her case is a little more ridiculous than theirs, though, and it's becoming apparent that part of her motivation for having the kids was the fact that this very thing would happen (celebrity, easy money, getting supported by kind strangers). She's getting a little more than the foodstamp/WIC check skanks, despite being no more deserving than they are. What will I do about it? Complain while trying to figure out my own get rich quick scheme.

Tadao Feb 20th, 2009 03:22 PM

I don't really see how she is the equal to people who abuse their children. I don't see anything that says the previous children are in a bad home. Ya'll just haters cause she is working the system and you can't.

pac-man Feb 20th, 2009 03:28 PM

Crazy people having children is essentially abuse. And believe you me, if I could shit out a kid and get a tv deal, I probably would.

I'll never know the joy of being a mother. :tear

Tadao Feb 20th, 2009 03:28 PM

The only thing that pisses me off about this lady is that there are far too many children in need of adoption. I know she wouldn't be allowed to adopt that many and this is the legal way she can do it. I'm just against breeding so long as there are kids to be adopted.

Tadao Feb 20th, 2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 615032)
Crazy people having children is essentially abuse.

Show me 1 sane parent.

pac-man Feb 20th, 2009 03:30 PM

Ha... if someone does prove she's nuts then there'll be 14 more kids on the adoption block. My folks are sane. No divorce, no abuse, didn't beat each other up, didn't have more kids than they could afford, etc.

Tadao Feb 20th, 2009 03:42 PM

These parents are in no way crazy in the head by the way.

pac-man Feb 20th, 2009 03:45 PM

You're right, Tad: all parents are crazy; but my spin would be that the better ones are crazy as a result of the kids, while the worse ones were crazy before they had kids.

Tadao Feb 20th, 2009 03:47 PM

See above post.