I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Let's Have A Tea Party! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704385)

Zhukov Apr 21st, 2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 681536)
1. "I'm not the one who made a thread based around condescending"

Meaning ColonelFlagg made a thread based around condescending.

2. "Condescending to people you just happened to walk by that day"

He happened to see some people that he didn't agree with and had to rage about it on the internetz without know them or knowing the case they were fighting against. See Dennis Kucinich interview I believe on page two of this post.

Oh that's ok. I was just wondering if that was what you meant since I think maybe there is a word missing from the sentence, that's all. No biggie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 681559)
You mean this one?

Is that real? It seems to me that it's just a few words copy-pasted over and over and over again.

Pentegarn Apr 22nd, 2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 681559)
You mean this one?

I love that a computer speaking at a really fast rate still took over 8 minutes to say that one word :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 681578)
Is that real? It seems to me that it's just a few words copy-pasted over and over and over again.

It all depends on who you ask. A linguist will say no because it is a formula and dictionaries say a formula is not technically a word. If you ask people trying to be a smart ass, they will argue for it being an actual word for comedic effect. But it is an actual chemical formula, and it is spelled that way. It would all come down to how you define what a word actually is.

Pentegarn Apr 22nd, 2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 681578)
Oh that's ok. I was just wondering if that was what you meant since I think maybe there is a word missing from the sentence, that's all. No biggie.

There's no maybe about it, he should have the word 'being' in there before 'condescending', and he does not, so it comes out stilted.

Zhukov Apr 22nd, 2010 07:42 AM

Well it even that 'formula' seems like it's just copy and paste over and over and over again. I would have thought that a formula would only need each... uh... ingredient pronounced once, rather than five hundred of 'glutamyl'. Call me ignorant if it's not the case.

Dimnos Apr 22nd, 2010 10:53 AM

I think we need a ruling from the Colonel.

Colonel Flagg Apr 22nd, 2010 12:37 PM

Sorry, naming proteins is what biochemists do, and why I try to stay as far away from the subject as possible.

IUPAC says that the 189+kword name is the correct one, so I'll let them be the judge and jury.

Personally, I like the name "Titin" much better. Much more compact. :)

Fathom Zero Apr 22nd, 2010 12:42 PM

Pentegarn Apr 22nd, 2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 681600)
Personally, I like the name "Titin" much better. Much more compact. :)

Me too, especially because it has a tit in it

The Leader Apr 22nd, 2010 07:10 PM

I like how Coolie is supposed to be smarter than everyone but he can't even read the board rules that recommend people don't make a "Hi I'm new" thread, he can't read the sub-headers of the sub-forums to know that threads about toys go in the gaming sub-forum, and he just pm'ed Kitsa asking her what her avatar is from even though he just posted in the same thread where she explained that exact thing. Why is the only person who understands everything about the world also the only person on this forum who can't read?

Kitsa Apr 22nd, 2010 08:17 PM

Just the same, I'll explain it. I just wish I could remember what the chick's name was. I used to know it, dammit.

The Leader Apr 22nd, 2010 08:54 PM

See guys, thecoolinator has it all figured out:
Quote:

Doctors don't even study health; they study disease. Modern doctors are taught virtually nothing about nutrition, wellness or disease prevention. Expecting a doctor to guide you on health issues is sort of like expecting your accountant to pilot a jet airliner -- it's simply not something he or she has ever been trained in.
Quote:

True fact: It is illegal in every U.S. state for a doctor to recommend any vitamin, nutrient or food for the prevention or treatment of any disease. Doing so can cause a doctor to have his medical license permanently revoked. How crazy and outdated is that?
I should probably report almost every doctor that I have ever had, then.

Quote:

More research is needed to find "cures"
This lie is especially hilarious because western medicine does not believe in any "cure" for any disease. They aren't even looking for cures! This lie has been repeated since the 1960's, when cancer scientists claimed they were only a few years away from curing cancer. Today, four decades later, can you think of a single major disease that western medicine has cured? There aren't any.
Smallpox doesn't count, I guess.

Kitsa Apr 22nd, 2010 09:19 PM

I can think of two of us here who have actually set foot inside a medical school (and paid tuition/exorbitant book fees). I can think of one additional person who has a doctorate in a scientific field. All three of us would most likely take exception to all of those statements. :/

The Leader Apr 22nd, 2010 10:05 PM

You're all just a part of the system. You've got to open your minds to the truth but instead you keep them closed and just believe everything that you're told.

Colonel Flagg Apr 22nd, 2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 681636)
Why is the only person who understands everything about the world also the only person on this forum who can't read?

Dude, I think you answered your own question right there. :eek

The Leader Apr 22nd, 2010 10:26 PM

SHIT

Colonel Flagg Apr 22nd, 2010 10:28 PM

Is this thread still about tea?

I prefer the green tea that you get with Chinese takeout.

Kitsa Apr 22nd, 2010 10:46 PM

I like green tea mainly. I liked Tender Leaf (gold box) in the 80s and 90s but can't find it anymore.

Dimnos Apr 22nd, 2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 681647)
See guys, thecoolinator has it all figured out:
I should probably report almost every doctor that I have ever had, then.

Smallpox doesn't count, I guess.

He is probably splitting hairs by saying a vaccine isnt a cure but a preventative measure. What a tool.

Pentegarn Apr 23rd, 2010 05:46 AM

I do drink a lot of iced tea. I probably drink a gallon of it a day (no joke I really do)

kahljorn Apr 23rd, 2010 07:07 AM

i like tea a lot too. i like jasmine green tea a lot but probably my favorite tea is earl grey :( that bergamot spice or whatever they put in it is awesome. i usually mix it with milk and sugar and its deliciounable

Zhukov Apr 23rd, 2010 09:51 AM

I drink a lot of Nestea. My favourite is pear.

TheCoolinator Apr 23rd, 2010 10:17 AM

I drink Medicinal Herbal Tea (Organic) and Yogi Detox Tea (Partially Organic)

Is be good for yuz all!

Pentegarn Apr 24th, 2010 07:14 AM

Tadao Apr 25th, 2010 10:43 PM

OH HI! IS IT TOO LATE TO COMPLAIN AND RUIN A FUN THREAD?

kahljorn Apr 26th, 2010 02:54 AM

yea but don't let coolie catch ya