I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   HALLOWEEN GRAB BAG: "SKELETON HEAD!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13998)

Mockery Sep 22nd, 2004 12:12 AM

HALLOWEEN GRAB BAG: "SKELETON HEAD!"

Just finished another Halloween "Grab Bag" piece. Yay for water and it's magical growing powers of spooky doom. :o

HALLOWEEN GRAB BAG: "SKELETON HEAD!"
http://www.i-mockery.com/halloween/b...leton-head.php

Enjoy!

EisigerBiskuit Sep 22nd, 2004 12:19 AM

I think the box was referring to my amazing bulge.
But like the skeleton, it grows quite large over time. :eek

ziggytrix Sep 22nd, 2004 12:23 AM

when i was wee i had a green alligator that grew in the water like that. my fuzzy recollection insists it got at least 10 times larger than it started before it finally fell apart.

EisigerBiskuit Sep 22nd, 2004 12:25 AM

ooooh I forgot that, we got a flamingo(?) and an alligator. We let the gator in the pool for maybe a week and it was as big as my forearm.

subterfuge Sep 22nd, 2004 02:24 AM

I don't think this test is complete until someone BITES INTO Skeleton Head.

Mockery Sep 22nd, 2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggytrix
when i was wee i had a green alligator that grew in the water like that. my fuzzy recollection insists it got at least 10 times larger than it started before it finally fell apart.

Yeah I figured it might fall apart if I just continued to leave it submerged. I'll probably leave it in that jug for another week and then I'll post an updated photo of Skeleton Head in the article.

I thought these things are supposed to stop growing after 48 hours, aren't they?

the_dudefather Sep 22nd, 2004 12:23 PM

just curious, how much bigger (%) was it after 2 days ?

ziggytrix Sep 22nd, 2004 01:31 PM

I thought these things are supposed to stop growing after 48 hours

you gonna believe propoganda from a card that insists a skeleton is the same as a skeleton head, or you gonna believe me and my recollection of barely memorable events from almost 20 years ago?

and it didn't fall apart in the water, it fell apart when i took it out grabbing it by a leg or something and it was shredded by it's own gargantuan weight.

hawaiian mage Sep 22nd, 2004 02:06 PM

If you measured by volume instead of height it would have at least grown 600%. You're only measuring one dimension and not the collection of all three, and that makes a huge difference in a three dimensional universe. So really, the package lived up to it's claims.

Don't hit me!

FS Sep 22nd, 2004 02:39 PM

Rog, don't leave it in the jar for more than 48 hours! That's what I did, and now I have to hide in my clos-

wait. What was that sound?

OH GOD HE'S FOUND M-

Mockery Sep 22nd, 2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dudefather
just curious, how much bigger (%) was it after 2 days ?

Overall? I'd say 200%-300% tops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggytrix
you gonna believe propoganda from a card that insists a skeleton is the same as a skeleton head, or you gonna believe me and my recollection of barely memorable events from almost 20 years ago?

Damn, tough call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiian mage
If you measured by volume instead of height it would have at least grown 600%. You're only measuring one dimension and not the collection of all three, and that makes a huge difference in a three dimensional universe. So really, the package lived up to it's claims.

Actually, I already mentioned that in the piece...

"GAH! Not nearly tall enough. He's was just under 3" when he started out, and now he's just over 8". Granted, he weighs a lot more, but 600% more? Nope. "

*hit*

Mockery Sep 22nd, 2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FS
Rog, don't leave it in the jar for more than 48 hours! That's what I did, and now I have to hide in my clos-

wait. What was that sound?

OH GOD HE'S FOUND M-

fatty? Fatty??? FATTY!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! IT GOT FATTY! :tear

Supafly345 Sep 22nd, 2004 04:00 PM

Though more interesting than funny, your description on how it felt to fondle a water bloated skeleton produced a hearty laugh. Out loud at that.

tenno Sep 22nd, 2004 04:09 PM

having read that im looking forward to putting one IN a toilet...

The Damp Moose Sep 22nd, 2004 04:18 PM

The skeleton thing looks a lot like those animal capsule things. You put them in water and 12 hours later you had a sponge in the shape of a rabbit or something.

tenno Sep 22nd, 2004 04:21 PM

theres nothing sexier than a slippery monkey....is there?

Mockery Sep 22nd, 2004 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly345
Though more interesting than funny, your description on how it felt to fondle a water bloated skeleton produced a hearty laugh. Out loud at that.

Glad to see my personal nausea is a source of amusement for others. ;)

and Tenno... keep your dirty hands off my slippery monkey. >:

thebiggameover Sep 22nd, 2004 07:41 PM

my work now fliters your site. great. :suicide

the[Hitman] Sep 22nd, 2004 07:44 PM

Technically, it will continue to grow as long as the material it is made out of can absorb water.

ThisIsWitty Sep 22nd, 2004 07:48 PM

Or until it desintigrates into a cloud of Taiwan-ese death water.

Wiffle Bat Sep 23rd, 2004 03:33 AM

simply awesome <3

Supafly345 Sep 23rd, 2004 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the[Hitman
]Technically, it will continue to grow as long as the material it is made out of can absorb water.

That worthless middle school education finally comes in handy.

ninja wolf Sep 29th, 2004 08:29 PM

It kinda reminds me of something I had a few years ago for Halloween. It was like a zombie thing and it had its own coffin and put it in a thing with water in it (I used a mason jar) and it would grow and pop out of the coffin. If your wondering why I used a mason jar its because I'm in west virginia and well THE GENERALASATION THAT ALL WEST VIRGINIANS HAVE MASON JARS IS ACTUALLY TRUE.