I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NEW ARTICLE: " PETA is Human Abuse" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17582)

Mockery Jun 20th, 2005 01:37 AM

NEW ARTICLE: " PETA is Human Abuse"

Good to have a new article from good ol' Protoclown. He doesn't write for the site very often these days, but he's hoping to start making more frequent appearances. So here ya go... his latest piece is all about PETA's latest absurd billboard.

PETA is Human Abuse -by Protoclown
http://www.i-mockery.com/visionary/peta.php

Enjoy!

executioneer Jun 20th, 2005 04:48 AM

i like how peta will kill animals to keep them safe from cruelty :lol

Quote:

Posted on Sat, Jun. 18, 2005

PETA workers face cruelty charges

The Associated Press

AHOSKIE, N.C. — Two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have been charged with animal cruelty for allegedly getting dogs and cats from shelters and dumping their dead bodies.

Police said they found 18 dead animals in a garbage bin and 13 more in a van.

PETA's president, Ingrid Newkirk, said the workers were picking up animals to be brought to PETA headquarters for euthanization. Veterinarians and animal control officers said the PETA workers had promised to find homes for the animals rather than euthanize them, according to police.

PETA spokeswoman Colleen O'Brien said the organization euthanizes animals by lethal injection, which it considers more humane than gassing animals.
Quote:

Shelter officials knew some of the animals, which are not always “cute, cuddly, housebroken or small,” would need to be put down, Newkirk said.

Among the dead animals, though, authorities found a female cat and her two “very adoptable” kittens taken from Ahoskie Animal Hospital, veterinarian Patrick Proctor said.

“These were just kittens we were trying to find homes for,” Proctor said. “PETA said they would do that, but these cats never made it out of the county.”

When Proctor evaluated one dead dog for police, he discovered a healthy, 6-month-old mutt with a needle mark on its front right leg, he said.

He also identified what he called a “death kit” that police found in the van. It was filled with syringes and two drugs that only licensed veterinarians can have, he said.

“PETA will never pick up another animal from my practice,” Proctor said.

PETA had taken 50 animals to be adopted from Proctor’s practice over the past two years, he said. PETA has also taken animals from veterinarian James Brown in Northampton County for about a year, Brown said.

“When they started taking them, they said they would try to find homes for them,” Brown said. “Nobody ever checked on them” after the animals were taken.

When PETA employees took animals from Brown’s practice in the past, they would tranquilize them and take them away in vans, said Karen Cole, the animal cruelty investigator for the Northampton Sheriff’s Office.

Some animals were very sick or injured and otherwise would have been euthanized in Brown’s clinic, she said.

“Some animals have to be euthanized,” she said. “But the way this crowd did it is sick.”

Zbu Manowar Jun 20th, 2005 11:46 AM

If you have Showtime (or a place to rent DVDs), you should all go pick up the second season of Penn & Teller's Bullshit. They really expose PETA for the insane bastards that they are right from showing a hate rally where two yuppies picket and threaten an animal shelter for doing the same job PETA did in the above articles and then go on to compare PETA's founder to Hitler himself. All-around a very interesting episode.

Jeanette X Jun 20th, 2005 12:41 PM

The road to Hell is paved with stale rice cakes and tofu bricks.

I'm trying to at least cut red meat out of my diet but my dad keeps buying it and its so fucking good. :(

Immortal Goat Jun 20th, 2005 03:48 PM

If you like to eat something, eat it. What other purpose would animals serve if not to be eaten? Sure, back in the day people used them as tools and shelter, but for now, clothing and food is what they are used for, and nothing else. I can't think of anything other than those two purposes for them to serve.

darkvare Jun 20th, 2005 04:26 PM

if you dont eat it someone else will and maybe an animal too

sadie Jun 20th, 2005 11:53 PM

I'm gonna have nightmares about the meat blanket.

Mike Jun 22nd, 2005 12:21 AM

Good point, but badly written. Another exercise in par-for-the-course journalism from I-Mockery.com.

Chojin Jun 22nd, 2005 12:32 AM

I am discontent with the site in general and complain about everything on the message boards, where no-one likes me. I've done this well over 1,000 times. Apparently, I am retarded.

Protoclown Jun 22nd, 2005 09:13 AM

Thanks, Mike! Let me know when Roger puts up that new piece you've submitted!

Dole Jun 22nd, 2005 09:28 AM

Well, I liked it a lot!

And don't listen to Mike, Proto - he just wishes he was inside your knickers, gently cupping your balls with his ear up against them, hoping to hear the sea.

Oi, Jase send us a pm you BLOODY SHIT havent spoken to you in eons.

Geggy Jun 22nd, 2005 11:21 AM

I love the article considering I've been bombed with shitload of buttons and magazines from PETA in the mail. >:

nothing4buddha Jun 22nd, 2005 02:54 PM

It's only a fucking diet. I have no idea why people take vegetarianism so far. :/

bigtimecow Jun 23rd, 2005 05:50 PM

i have a question for the PETA people though.

would they consider say a lion hunting and eating it's prey (carnivore) bad as well? would they condemn this lion and force feed it vegetables until it no longer ate meat? or does this only apply to humans? even though we are as equal to them because we're animals as well?

i sense a loophole.

Emu Jun 23rd, 2005 05:54 PM

It's only wrong when people do it because supposedly we're more moral and can overcome that or something. Which is retarded.

I think PETA members are composed mostly of furries who hate people because they make fun of them for being fat.

Tropical Jun 25th, 2005 05:25 AM

I have a question to the i-mockers.

I am chinese, yes I've eaten dog meat. Once. Visiting shanghai.

It tastes like lamb.

I think you guys havn't been told this, but way back then in ancient china. We didn't have a good import export trade system. Most of china are hilly areas with lots of mountain and ridges.

You can't keep a herd of cows without loads of flat land. We need our proteins so we made tofu and well ate whatever land animal lying around. Dog is one of them, sometimes kitties too. (I havn't eaten kitties)

So yea China's got alot of beef now But the cookbook gets passed along and ppl still eat dog on the mainland.

Question: Is eating dogs a bad thing? Just because it's cute and has a pack instinct to suck up to the alpha male ie. the owner? For us chinese at least? I don't eat dogs. I live in Hong Kong. It's illegal here, but i've come to accept the culinary behavious of my mainland bretherens.

King Hadas Jun 25th, 2005 06:33 AM

Most edible dogs are ugly as fuck

ziggytrix Jun 25th, 2005 06:28 PM

Some Native Americans eat dog, too. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, unless you believe there is something inherently wrong with eating animals.

But I'd prefer not to go there, having psychological attachments to cute lil puppies that I don't have for cows, pigs, chicken, or fish.

Rongi Jun 25th, 2005 08:26 PM

i have a question for i-mockers or peta dudes or vegans or whatever

if a fucking wild bear comes after a peta person and their only chance of survival is to kill the bastard, would they do it? or is that cruelty to animals?

pjalne Jun 25th, 2005 08:32 PM

If that was the case, I'm pretty sure someone would have trained bears to attack anything that smells like tofu by now.

King Hadas Jun 25th, 2005 08:36 PM

I'd like to see the PETA member who can fend off a wild bear with his bare hands.

Emu Jun 26th, 2005 01:33 AM

Rog, why is it that most of the advertisements on your site are offering free PS3s and X Box 360s when they're not even OUT yet? :(

Shyandquietguy Jun 26th, 2005 01:59 AM

Come on, vámonos.
Everybody let's go.
Come on, let's get to it.
I know that we can do it.

Where are we going?
To the little blue tree.
Where are we going?
To the little blue tree.
Where are we going?
To the little blue tree.
Where are we going?