I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NEW USERS: Let's all get to know one another... (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313)

Tadao Jan 5th, 2008 05:21 PM

Isn't this Pubs job?

Pub Lover Jan 5th, 2008 07:38 PM

I got fired. ;(

Vanhelm13 Jan 5th, 2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 519877)
Heheh cool. It still surprises me how many people find this site because of those extremely old sites of ours. Glad they have that kind of longevity though. So is your name really Guy? I only know one person named "Guy" and he's the infant son of an author I know. I have trouble addressing him as "Guy" though since I'm more tempted to call him "Kid" or "Drooling mess of baby". Guy seems like a name you'd have to wait to go through puberty at least before you can live up to it.

Heh....
...My dad called me "kid" until I was 10 or 11.

Spruce Moose Jan 5th, 2008 11:58 PM

Name- Tim
Age- 18
job- student
where are you at?- Massachusetts
how did you find out about this site?- link to the Halloween Choose Your Own Adventure Story(second one, to be exact)
what's your favorite thing about the site?- the minimocks, in all their splendor
why did you start posting- just now
Level of Educ.- High School
hobbies-video games, reading, and I do enough forum posting for it to be considered a hobby at this point
fav. music/band- Millencolin, They might Be Giants, The Ramones
fav. book- Fahrenheit 451
fav. movie-Something from Star Wars, which one in particular changes often, and oftentimes I feel like Boondock Saints beats out all of them
Fav. Video Game-Deus Ex or Starcraft, don't make me choose between those two
fav. food- Tiramisu
In high school you were voted most likely to...-they didn't vote me for shit
Is there anything else we should all know about you?-Let's see here...

I've been reading I-Mockery for a good while now, starting loosely with the second Halloween Choose-Your-Own Adventure, and then more regularly with...shit, I can't remember. I think the the "Sleds-Which One is Right For You?" minimock was the new article at the time I decided to check out the site in depth, and I've been reading ever since. I'd already had a few good forums to check on, so I never bothered joining the old boards. Now the old forums are sucking, and the re-design seemed like a good time to jump in.

My favorite articles here are the Riki-Oh one and Patronizing the Homeless. And that ever legendary second Halloween Choose Your Own Adventure Story.

KuddWeazel Jan 6th, 2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 519877)
Any time I see somebody who chooses a movie like this as their favorite, I have to ask "why?" out of sheer curiosity. What is it exactly that makes you pick Saw over all the other horror classics out there?

o.o

How many other movies can you name where carey elwes saws off his foot to the behest of the game master and still doesn't win? the thing that really sold me on this movie was it was something nobody had seen before. Yes we had seen psychopaths play games with their prey, but the head games had never been this fierce. yes, we had seen physical mutilation, but not done by the person themselves. oh, and the puppet on the trike. flat-out creepiness right there. you see, the classics will always be there. will always be classic. i will give texas chainsaw massacre (the original) and the exorcist their due. but those fears have always been there. people afraid of demons. people afraid of some object wielding crazy-man. until saw, were you ever scared of some psycho abducting you and making you play some sick game of cat and mouse meets self mutilatuion? i think not, good sir. also, jigsaw is truly a mastermind because he does not choose at random. each one was chosen for what he felt was a valid reason. a man making society better by setting an example you can't ignore. and that is why saw is my favorite movie because it goes out on that limb (albeit a very thin one) to say "society is fucked and we need drastic measures and examples to show you how much society needs change". And im spent.

saltshakermaniac Jan 6th, 2008 01:51 PM

Name- Rick
Age- 21
job- security/student/Satanic preist
where are you at?- 25.7 miles southwest of hell
how did you find out about this site?- While IMing a freind one day he sent me a link to the cynical greeting cards, that was 2 years ago.
what's your favorite thing about the site?- That is a damn good question
why did you start posting- To win a singing rubber fish of course!
Level of Educ.- High School/ In Collage
hobbies-reading, trying to sleep,video games, drinking.
fav. music/band- Rammstein, Tom Waits, AC/DC,etc
fav. book- Cant realy name a favorite, but the most recent is FIGHT! by Eugene Robinson.
fav. movie-Fight club, Boondock Saints, and a short spanish film called Aftermath.
Fav. Video Game-Super Smash Bros.
fav. food- The kind i can eat
In high school you were voted most likely to...Hold down a job for more than a year
Is there anything else we should all know about you?-No not realy.

Tadao Jan 6th, 2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuddWeazel (Post 520011)
How many other movies can you name where carey elwes saws off his foot to the behest of the game master and still doesn't win? the thing that really sold me on this movie was it was something nobody had seen before. Yes we had seen psychopaths play games with their prey, but the head games had never been this fierce. yes, we had seen physical mutilation, but not done by the person themselves. oh, and the puppet on the trike. flat-out creepiness right there. you see, the classics will always be there. will always be classic. i will give texas chainsaw massacre (the original) and the exorcist their due. but those fears have always been there. people afraid of demons. people afraid of some object wielding crazy-man. until saw, were you ever scared of some psycho abducting you and making you play some sick game of cat and mouse meets self mutilatuion? i think not, good sir. also, jigsaw is truly a mastermind because he does not choose at random. each one was chosen for what he felt was a valid reason. a man making society better by setting an example you can't ignore. and that is why saw is my favorite movie because it goes out on that limb (albeit a very thin one) to say "society is fucked and we need drastic measures and examples to show you how much society needs change". And im spent.

What? Explain yourself!

Mockery Jan 6th, 2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuddWeazel (Post 520011)
Yes we had seen psychopaths play games with their prey, but the head games had never been this fierce. yes, we had seen physical mutilation, but not done by the person themselves.

Heheh, actually we had seen it before... in a far more intelligent movie called "Seven".

MarioRPG Jan 6th, 2008 08:12 PM

I approve of saltshakermaniac's movies. Except for the last one, which I hadn't heard of.

saltshakermaniac Jan 6th, 2008 08:22 PM

You should defeintly get it, well worth the money/ time spent downloading it.

rosebud. Jan 6th, 2008 08:52 PM

Name- Jon-Michael
Age- 18
job- student/ Hot Topic guy
where are you at?- Florida
how did you find out about this site?- i've been around for a while and just now registered.. so i don't even remember
what's your favorite thing about the site?- oh man everything
why did you start posting- becauseee i want to be part of the cool crowd
Level of Educ.- college
hobbies- music and movies... slashers and independent films to be exact
fav. music/band- Elton John, Ben Folds
fav. book- Invisible Monsters
fav. movie- Fight Club
Fav. Video Game- WoW or Chrono Cross
fav. food- tamales
In high school you were voted most likely to...- i was voted most unique senior ><

:D nice to meet everyoneee

samtehgayfurry Jan 8th, 2008 03:42 AM

Name- Samantha

Age- 15
job- student :( i hate it
where are you at?- not where you are
how did you find out about this site?- i remember it made fun of furries a long time ago
what's your favorite thing about the site?- i don't know!
why did you start posting- because people are mean in person :(
Level of Educ.- in high school
hobbies- just about everything!
fav. music/band- tatu is good
fav. book- genus
fav. movie- the land before time
Fav. Video Game- sonic!
fav. food- ramen and pocky! i can live off that!
In high school you were voted most likely to...- i haven't been voted anything :(

Grishnak Jan 8th, 2008 01:17 PM

I in troduce may self

Ciao!
I here declare myself beautyfool Grish, ruler of manor of Korthatia, emperor of bloody pointy thing that hurt, friend of mock & Re (that is your wife).
Love the site of mock, happy to be hear, gudby.

Moobs Jan 8th, 2008 01:33 PM

hey dude, there's a topic where you can do this but whatever it's too late now :(

Cosmo Electrolux Jan 8th, 2008 01:52 PM

I thought you were in prison for killing that Black metal guy, or something....

Hugh Jerection Jan 8th, 2008 02:51 PM

Name- Bruce Menmuir
Age- 30
job- Software Developer
where are you at?- Scotland
how did you find out about this site?- A friend emailed the link to "Ultimate Warrior Raped My Christmas"
what's your favorite thing about the site?- The outstanding reviews of dodgy old films
why did you start posting- Nothing better to do right now
Level of Educ.- College
hobbies- Reading, Gaming, browsing the web for life consuming humour based sites
fav. music/band- Too many to list, i'm not a fussy listener, although boy & girl bands should be set on fire
fav. book- Chronicles of Thomas Covenant / Wheel of Time / Terry Pratchett
fav. movie- today it's X-Men. will probably change tomorrow
Fav. Video Game- today it's Halo 3, see above
fav. food- Chedder cheese sandwiches
In high school you were voted most likely to...- ..be thrown in jail and be ass raped
Is there anything else we should all know about you?- i've a terminal case of in-decision and procrastination.

Mockery Jan 8th, 2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosebud. (Post 520344)
Fav. Video Game- WoW or Chrono Cross

How can you have time to play WoW and read a forum? Most people I know who play WoW don't even have time to get up to use the restroom. That game swallows lives :O

Quote:

Originally Posted by samtehgayfurry (Post 521125)
fav. music/band- tatu is good

They're still a band?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Jerection (Post 521271)
where are you at?- Scotland

Good to see another Scot on the forums, even if your moniker is a dated play on words. Don't think I ever posted about it, but I've visited Scotland before and found a soda called "Barr soda". I had to try it since it shared my last name, but I thought it tasted closer to cough syrup than regular soda. So yeah, my name apparently tastes like crap. Scotland itself, however, was pretty awesome. I friggin' loved Edinburgh... such a cool looking city.

Fathom Zero Jan 8th, 2008 03:48 PM

Varg Vikernes?

Mullon Jan 8th, 2008 03:53 PM

There needs to be a thread for people who want to introduce themselves who don't want to tell their whole life story to people on the internet.

Chojin Jan 8th, 2008 04:03 PM

There is, it's over at GameFAQs, I promise

Pub Lover Jan 8th, 2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Danno (Post 4427)
Here's a simple form.... (if you're a wuss, feel free to omit any you don't feel like answering)

Name- Pub
Age- wuss
job- wuss
where are you at?- wuss
how did you find out about this site?- wuss
what's your favorite thing about the site?- wuss
why did you start posting- wuss
Level of Educ.- wuss
hobbies- wuss
fav. music/band- wuss
fav. book- wuss
fav. movie- wuss
Fav. Video Game- wuss
fav. food- wuss
In high school you were voted most likely to...- wuss :lol
Is there anything else we should all know about you?- wuss

Pretty easy really.

Esuohlim Jan 8th, 2008 04:05 PM

lol :(

That reminds me that I have yet to actually participate in this thread :x

Xystus Jan 8th, 2008 05:49 PM

Name- i dont think i am at liberty to say my name here! not because i am afraid but because it is fucking weird. for you english speakers of course.
Age- 16
job- what is a 'job' i am a student
where are you at?- portugal the land of wine and stupidity
how did you find out about this site?- the hulk toys article! it remains as one of my favorites ever.
what's your favorite thing about the site?- i like the 'comics' a whole lot, specifically protocomics and tales from the longbox articles.
why did you start posting- because i feel like this is an intelligent and funny community.
Level of Educ.- err 11th grade
hobbies- videogames, drawing, music
fav. music/band- so many but my favorite band is probably Sonata Arctica and my favorite song is maybe paschendale by iron maiden (also if you recognize my nickname you deserve a gigantic hi5)
fav. book- this one book by an obscure portuguese writer that none of you would recognize
fav. movie- jay & silent bob strike back and more recently, either 300 or borat.
Fav. Video Game- i guess kingdom hearts 2 simply because it is so fun
fav. food- maybe pizza.
In high school you were voted most likely to...- help i am too young
Is there anything else we should all know about you?- if you haven't figured it out already i am a big comic geek and am eagerly trying to get in this community.

bigtimecow Jan 8th, 2008 06:07 PM

i'm reading people's posts about reading i-mockery for awhile and then recently joining the boards.

i just realized that i did the same but now i hardly read anything on the site. like, ever. strictly forum.

am i a bad poster? :(

Guitar Woman Jan 8th, 2008 06:08 PM

no, everyone does that.