Thread: Why be right?
View Single Post
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2003, 07:28 PM       
Poor poor Bennit. Now I understand your failed scholarly attempts. You lack the reading comprehension skills publc schools give seven year olds.

"Like your argument, your research is pompous and based on misinterpretation"

Using an online Webster's dictionary is pompous? Trying to find an exact definition pertaining the roots of the word is misinterretation?

Use smaller words, you may be able to apply them more correctly in the future.

"Yes. In order for there to be a victim, there needs to be a perpetrator. Who would it be in this context? The Government? But that is who most of these taxpayers are addressing their concerns to."

Let me make this simple for you, this statement means:

Government = Mediator, not oppresser

"The framers of the Constitution actually set a precident for dealing with a government which is victimizing its populace, its called Revolution buddy"

Victimized Citizens = Propencity for revolt

"Revolution is an extreme solution to an extreme problem, it is not to be used lightly, and apparantly by your application there, you HAVE forgotten about the revolution clause. The people are not captives, or victims, of their government. Period. The day they are, they will know it, just as the Russian under Stalin knew it, and one day they will fight back. "

Revolution = Worst Possible Solution.

Now, how can any of these statements, or any comdinations thereof, equal trying to "say that people couldn't be victim to the government unless they revolted."

Does this level of stupidty come natural to you, or must you work at it?

"Yes words have meaning, and since you are so familiar with that you would know that 'heterosexual' is not only a noun, but also an adjective."

Yes, but it is inaccurate. If I tell my peers that you are a heterorsexual, will they know that it is your tendancy to try and extrort sexual favours from small children? No? Then obvious heterosexual does not apply to your inclination, because it is not exact enough to encompass your particular sexual deviancy.

"Go look it up in your fancy dictionary, and hopefully you will be able to understand how the NARROW definition, remember now about words meaning things, can apply to an act of rape, whether it is pedophilia or not. "

Actually, you should take your own advice to heart. The whole purpose of a vocabulary is to explain concepts as exactly as possible, not create maneouvring room for flawed theorizing.

"Victims are generally made up of those who cannot, or simply do not, stand up for themselves, not those who seek to resist infringements upon their persons, property or assets."

Now see, this is where you are become confused again. Context: study it, respect it, use it. I was using YOUR definition of the Conservatives in your lame little philosophy as the 'Victim,' perhaps I should have put it in quotation marks to make this more clear to you, but I felt that uncecessary considering the tone of the conversation. In any case, saying that Conservatives, and all citizens for that matter, do not take the initiative to make their will known and therefore must suffer policies which do not reflect their interest is hardly new. . .In fact, Plato said it first, and he said it best:

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
- Plato

"Do you understand how contradictory this statement is to the rest of your postings? By definition, you say that a victim is usually a person who allows themself to be. "

No actually I am saying they aren't victims because they are the archtiects of their own misfortune.

"In other words, it is their fault that they are a victim"

Yes therefore they are not victims.

"Then you say that a victim cannot create their own victimhood. A person cannot be a victim if it is their fault that they are in that situation. Whatever. "

You are coming close to the truth now boyo. One more step, need Daddy to hold your hand?