Thread: Blood Bowl
View Single Post
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 01:59 PM       
It has two modes of play. You can do turn based or real time. Like Darkvare said the rules play out a bit odd.

So far I have only played turn based because I thought it would be slower and I could get a better feel for it before I went to real time. From my own experience and what I have read on their forums this isnt the case. In turn based games anytime you fail a roll (yes there are still dice in this computer game) you cause a turnover and it goes to the other teams turn. So things could turn out bad for you if you fail one of your first actions of your turn.

You start off with a million bucks to buy players and equipment. You get to field up to 11 guys at one time but can have up to 16 on your team if you want. You will need the extra guys to field as your other players get injured or killed. Any cash you have left can be used to pay for a "star player" to join your team for one game, pay for apothecaries to heal your players as they get injured, hire wizards to blast your opponents from the stands or to bride the ref to look the other way while your guys brutally stomp opponents that you have already tackled (this injures them even further or possibly kills them).

Of course all the different races you can chose from have their strengths and weaknesses. I have mostly been playing the dwarfs and the lizardmen. The dwarfs are like little tanks that move slow but boy can they take a beating. The lizardmen have two different kinds of players, big guys that can dish out some pain or do some blocking and some little tiny guys that are fast but turn into a stain on the field if anyone pushes them over.

Its a rough game and they cut you no slack even at the beginning of a season. It seams to follow the tabletop game rules almost to a T so if you have played that before (Looking at you Rob) you can probably jump right into this.