View Single Post
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 27th, 2009, 02:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708 View Post
I havn't seen the ocd show so I won't comment on that but Intervention is a great show that shows the average person who may not be exposed to it the very real situation that many people and their families find themselves in when it comes to drug addiction. I'm pretty sure most of these addicts have already been exploited on the streets far worse than any tv show will and that their families were at a desperate point and turned to a show that might really provide some help for the people. Intervention isn't about freakpointing in my opinion, it seems more like a documentary style show in my view and from what I understand it has actually helped quite a few addicts to recover.

I have a feeling that if you saw bum fights you'd have a very different idea of what exploting people is all about.
Intervention does in fact exploit people for a shock value while under the guise of "oh we are here to help". Its little more than candied camera Jerry Springer. They hardly have to show people shooting up in their bathrooms to get them help. They throw this kind of shit in for freakpointing without a doubt. My wife watches this show rather regularly ever since it came on, and I can tell you they gone to showing more and more of the "bad stuff". How can you honestly say you are there to help someone then sit around and video tape them for a week while they continue to fuck up their life? Bum Fights is different in two ways. First they never made the implication that they were there to help the bums in any way. Second it was never commercially marketed on a cable network.