Thread: beck
View Single Post
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 06:54 PM       
Beck and Scientology
Beck has been a Scientologist for most of his life but has only recently publicly acknowledged this fact. As the child of Scientologists, he attended the Scientologist-run Apple School in Los Feliz. After a brief stint at a public school, he dropped out in 9th grade and attended various Scientology training courses, completing at least 13 between 1986 and 1989. It is not clear what his involvement was during the 1990s, but he appears to have distanced himself from it to some degree.

His name appears in Scientology literature again in 2003, showing that he is a member and a donor. In April 2004, he married Marissa Ribisi, who is also a second-generation Scientologist. The actress has a small website proclaming her success with Scientology on which she encourages others to learn about it. On the site, she wrote, "Scientology works! Without it, I don't know where I'd be." [2]

After many public denials of his affiliation with the Church of Scientology, Beck publicly acknowledged them for first time in an interview published in the New York Times Magazine on March 6, 2005. Further confirmation came in an interview with the Irish Sunday Tribune newspaper's i Magazine in June 2005, where he is quoted as saying, "Yeah, I'm a Scientologist. My father has been a Scientologist for about 35 years, so I grew up in and around it." When questioned, he was vague on Scientology's core beliefs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck#Beck_and_Scientology