|FAQ||Members List||Calendar||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|Jun 27th, 2008 02:26 PM|
|badboy7||Well i think because of all hard work , what else lol??|
|Jun 24th, 2008 02:55 PM|
|Cedar||naruto is gayer than john waters|
|Jun 24th, 2008 01:10 PM|
|BurntToShreds||Yu Yu Hakusho was good in that there was actual progress from episode to episode. A decent amount of fights actually finished in the episode that they were started in.|
|Jun 23rd, 2008 12:20 AM|
I think everyone in this thread should be nuked, except for Metal Militia.
I'm willing to die for a good cause.
|Jun 22nd, 2008 11:30 PM|
|MetalMilitia||Can't believe this has made it to three pages. Naruto is popular for one reason; because a lot of people are stupid.|
|Jun 22nd, 2008 03:59 PM|
|Jun 22nd, 2008 02:01 PM|
|LordSappington||Strider was better|
|Jun 22nd, 2008 01:59 PM|
THIS IS NOT A POST WHAT ANIME YOU THINK IS BETTER THAN NARUTO THREAD
WE ALL KNOW IT COULDN'T BE AS GOOD AS DEATH NOTE ANYWAY
|Jun 22nd, 2008 12:37 PM|
Fist of the Northstar is where its at!
|Jun 22nd, 2008 11:53 AM|
I've been wondering this same thing myself. Saw it on TV not long ago and all I could think was,"What? This is what so many people are going apeshit for?"
It seems like something I would've liked when I was younger, but a good amount of the people that love it so much are in their late teens, twenties, it's sort of sad.
Same thing with Inuyasha. I watched the first few episodes and I just couldn't get into it. I liked that dude Miroku because the idea of a perverted monk amuses me. But all the other characters, especially the main chick, have absolutely no personality. It's just a bunch of overused cliches thrown together.
Probably the simplest thing is just to say,"People like different things." because really I can't think of any valid reasons why people are so obsessed with some of these shows.
|Jun 21st, 2008 06:17 PM|
|Fathom Zero||No. No. No. No. NO.|
|Jun 21st, 2008 06:01 PM|
|Lobo Tommy||Greatest anime ever is Samurai Champloo and Shin Chan.|
|Jun 21st, 2008 02:56 AM|
|Jun 21st, 2008 02:56 AM|
|Jun 19th, 2008 07:47 PM|
|Jun 18th, 2008 09:14 PM|
|Jun 18th, 2008 08:52 PM|
|Jun 18th, 2008 07:22 PM|
|LordSappington||My friends are always talking about it but I'm too lazy to be bothered with looking it up.|
|Jun 18th, 2008 01:15 PM|
|Jun 18th, 2008 11:15 AM|
|Guitar Woman||ok, so I skipped ahead to a random episode of Berserk ("Infiltration" I think) and apparently it does stop being terrible at some point, but I also read the manga a few days ago, and I don't see why anyone would want to watch the show when the comic exists.|
|Jun 18th, 2008 05:49 AM|
|ItalianStereotype||I always liked Lupin the 3rd! anyone who disagrees with that is probably JediScum and possibly doesn't realize it!|
|Jun 18th, 2008 03:17 AM|
Tower of Druaga's a pleasant surprise. It's based on an old arcade game by Namco, and tucks in gamer humor here and there without being all retarded about it, save for the first episode, which is a straight out parody of all things Japan.
Aside from that, I'm not too into anime. Haruhi Suzumiya (awesome), Gurren Lagann (yay testosterone), and a movie or two. The shonens, shojos, and harems are all derivative crap recycled over and over.
|Jun 17th, 2008 08:12 PM|
|Jun 17th, 2008 01:01 PM|
|Jun 17th, 2008 09:21 AM|
For anyone who hasn't seen Naruto, here's a break down of an ordinary episode:
1. A good and a bad character stand before eachother in an arena, ready to engage in a fight. Fifteen minutes pass while people in the audience talk about why the two fighters hate eachother, and what their special abilities are, just to remind the viewers.
2. Here follows a scene for the girls: A young female friend of the good fighter remembers their childhood together, preferably on a flowery meadow. Overly nostalgic emotions are slapped in the face of the viewers. There will be plenty of circular, plate-sized mouths, representing laughter and/or crying.
3. The two fighters remind eachother and the audience why they hate eachother, and what their special abilities are.
4. Flashback to an episode where the bad guy killed the good guy's friend. Insert sad emoticon. Even though characters die all the time, every death will be followed by endless scenes of girls crying, tears mixed with stars and more flashbacks to flowery meadows.
5. Fighter one uses his special ability. It can be something along the lines of "The ten tentacles of moon-shadow" or "The secret dragon's sand-castle-whirlwind-flute". Whatever the writers fancied in their state of puerile, stoned mindlessness.
6. The next episode is plugged, with the promise of revealing the outcome of the battle.
7. The episode ends. Listen to a japanese song full of shallow clichées like "Trust in the love of a loving bird of freedom, etc"
8. Next episode; start from 1 again.
|This thread has more than 25 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|