I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "TURN YOUR OWN DAMN GROCERIES INTO HALLOWEEN JACK-O-LANTERNS CONTEST!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702977)

Mockery Sep 14th, 2009 02:23 AM

FORUM EVENT: "TURN YOUR OWN DAMN GROCERIES INTO HALLOWEEN JACK-O-LANTERNS CONTEST!"

I'm hereby announcing I-Mockery's first contest of the 2009 Halloween season! I want you to go to your grocery store and choose some kind of food product to carve for Halloween. That's right, I'm spicing it up a bit and not just limiting the contest to carving limes. You can carve fruits, vegetables, hot dogs... whatever you want to try "Halloweenifying" for this contest! Of course, you're more than welcome to still use limes, but I wanted to give you the opportunity to make a jack-o-lantern out of anything you want.

This contest is based on our "Lime-O-Lanterns" article at:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/lime-o-lanterns/

PRIZES:

-1st place winner will not only receive the complete Nightmare on Elm Street DVD box set (seen below), but also their choice of I-Mockery t-shirts and one of our I-Mockery button packs! (as seen in the I-Mockery Store)

-2nd place winner will receive their choice of I-Mockery t-shirts plus one of our button packs!

-3rd place winner will receive some I-Mockery pickle hats plus one of our button packs!

-4th and 5th place runner-ups will receive some shiny I-Mockery stickers!

RULES:

-To participate, you must register an account on account on I-Mockery (if you don't already have one) and post your entries in this thread.

-You need to go to the grocery store and buy any food product of your choice and "Halloweenify" it as you see fit. Vegetables, fruits, hot dogs, etc. etc. Whatever you want to use is fine, just be creative!

-Entries can either be photos (hosted on photobucket, flicker, etc.) or videos (via youtube) of your creation(s).

-Entries must be turned in by the end of Wednesday, October 7th.

-Once the contest is over, myself and the other staff members will vote on the entries!

-Entries will be judged on creativity!

-If you need some inspiration, please check out the "Let's Make Some Lime-O-Lanterns!" article located here:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/lime-o-lanterns/

-Whether you win or not, your entries will be put on display for everybody to enjoy.

-Enter as many times as you like!!!

Ok that's it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to all of you and start working on your grocery jack-o-lantern creations!

This contest ends 10/7/09.

executioneer Sep 14th, 2009 03:11 AM

10/3/09, whaa you diabolical fiend how am i supposed to stick whatever it is on my porch and leave it up for four weeks! YOU MANIAC I WILL HAVE TO CARVE TWO OBJECTS

Zhukov Sep 14th, 2009 04:19 AM

This is a fantastic idea! Unfortunately I am going on holiday in a few days and not getting back until after the contest is over. I might have to whip something up quick smart.

stevetothepast Sep 14th, 2009 10:08 AM

This is going to be the best Halloween ever.

LordSappington Sep 14th, 2009 07:53 PM

Can it be electronic, or does it HAVE to be groceries? I might be able to solder something up.... :l

Mockery Sep 14th, 2009 08:06 PM

Zhukov, hope you can pull something off in time for it!

stevetothepast, make it so!

LordSappington, it has to involve groceries. You have to carve something, as that is the nature of all jack-o-lanterns, but you're more than welcome to add electronics to it in order to make it even more elaborate. Solder away!

Wiffles Sep 15th, 2009 10:25 PM

HEY YOU! YEAH IM TALKING TO YOU!!!

>_<

IM GONNA MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL, YOU KNOW THAT!!!
>_<

YOU ARE SO IN FOR A WORLD OF PAIN!!!
>_<

IM GOING TO EAT YOUR SOUL!!!
>_<;;

captain516 Sep 15th, 2009 11:24 PM

I took a whole bunch of these, but this is the best one. Yeah, my camera is THAT crappy. BTW, the pumpkins were a total bitch to carve 'cause they kept breaking apart.

dymphnawolf Sep 16th, 2009 12:39 AM

Here's my Tomatolantern in a mini-Halloween display!

stevetothepast Sep 16th, 2009 02:47 PM

looks like I got some stiff competition, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve. hehe

The Leader Sep 16th, 2009 07:36 PM

Hehe

blood_panther Sep 17th, 2009 05:40 PM

Say hello to....."Frank n' Bean!"

although I may need a ruling on this. the rules say "any food product". I only used the can not so much the beans. either way I plan another entry.

Some great stuff so far guys!

blood_panther Sep 17th, 2009 06:01 PM

Imagine if you will, Your car breaks down on a deserted dirt road, your cell phone has no service. you decide to go for help. the first house you come across is a huge old mansion. you walk up to the front door ring the door bell the door opens and......THIS JUMPS OUT AT YOU!!!

Its an evil Ghost...er Toast.....

yeah ok so it's not that scary, still you pretend so you don't hurt it's feelings....

entry two of my pun filled entries.

Mockery Sep 17th, 2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blood_panther (Post 648844)
Say hello to....."Frank n' Bean!"

although I may need a ruling on this. the rules say "any food product". I only used the can not so much the beans. either way I plan another entry.

That's totally fine. Just like I told people they could use a can of Spam / Treet, a can of beans is fine as well.

Keep the entries 'a coming everybody. Good stuff so far!

blood_panther Sep 17th, 2009 08:42 PM

The third and final of my monster/food pun entries (unless anyone knows a food that rhymes with "were"...or "wolf")

I give you....The Hampire!

Fathom Zero Sep 17th, 2009 09:18 PM

Bwahahahaha

That last one made me laugh. High five!

dextire Sep 17th, 2009 09:30 PM

I decided to start with the citrus theme. Behold:
Orange-o-Lantern!

I'm really
pleased with the way it turned out (even though it was a pain in the ass to scrape out the inside).

My "success" instilled the false sense of accomplishment I needed to create my next monstrosity!

Potat-o-Lantern!

This thing is so bright I had to actually change my camera settings just to keep the picture from blowing out (and I obviously wasn't totally successful).
I like how the rest of the potato looks like it's is made of stone or something.

I had a blast carving them both (especially the potato). And I must warn you guys to crush my spirits now or there will be more!

Mockery Sep 17th, 2009 09:47 PM

Then let there be more, dextire... let there be more! :picklehat

blood_panther Sep 19th, 2009 12:15 AM

well, you guys are in luck! I stumbled upon ideas for two more pun filled entries!

first up are the.....

GUMMY MUMMIES!

these cut little gummy bears are all ancient pharaohs of gummy bear egypt, watch out or they'll curse you!

then we have this odd fellow...

THE DREADED PEARWOLF

yeah, yeah I know. It wasnt until after I made him that I realised how similar he looks to the Dingo gourd as seen in "The Evolution of Jack, Part 4". still I think he turned out pretty good...and you try making a pear into a wolf that doesnt look like the dingo gourd.

This contest is really lots of fun. I urge others to see what halloween foodstuffs you can make!

dextire Sep 19th, 2009 06:42 PM

The gummy mummies are great! I wonder what the curse would be? Uncontrollable bouncing maybe? And the pearwolf turned out very nice too.

I've finished my latest one and will post it a little later.

dextire Sep 20th, 2009 12:06 AM

A friend of mine said my last potato creation looked like a Pacman ghost (it was supposed to be a skull). So since I still had another potato I made just that.

Blinky the Potato!

I learned a lot from carving the first one and I think this one turned out a lot better. Now I need to take a trip to the store for something besides potatoes.

And while it may not really be produce, I did carve one other thing.

Chewy Atomic Fireball of Anger!

If you look closely you can make out a little angry face.

That's all for now.

blood_panther Sep 20th, 2009 12:50 AM

heh, that little fireball is awesome.

darqmommy Sep 21st, 2009 12:17 AM

the most frightening thing on here so far is the way that Blood-Panther just set that ham right down on the arm of his sofa without any regard to how much his mom or wife will have to scrub to get the ham juice out of it. that is just yuck.

blood_panther Sep 21st, 2009 01:03 AM

that couch smelt like ham long before I got to it.:lol

BatmanJohnson Sep 21st, 2009 12:44 PM

I chose for my medium of choice, an African Horned melon! These things are hard to carve I kept getting poked by its horns. I won the battle eventually.

Pukey the horned Melon

The first picture shows what he looks like with the flash.

The second just shows what he looks like

And lastly the third shows him posing for the camera.