View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 06:05 PM        Forget the new movie, the original Transformers: Season 1 is out on DVD!

For some inexplicable reason, the original generation 1 Transformers cartoon has been out of print for years now, so anybody who wanted it was forced to resort to buying the old DVD set for exorbitant prices on eBay 'n what not.

I just got a copy of the new set and it's definitely worth picking up. Get this... in addition to the 16 original episodes, they also included the Transformers Public Service Announcements. I totally forgot they even did any of those for the cartoon, and they're a lot like the classic G.I. Joe ones.

Another nice treat is the fact that they included a bunch of the original toy commercials. You know, the hilarious ones where the kids would stare at the screen and say "more than meets the eye" in a robotic voice while their eyes glowed? It's nice to see them in good quality for a change instead of on the old vhs dubs on youtube.

So yeah, my advice is to skip the new Transformers movie and stick with the classic cartoon along with the original animated movie. At least with those ones we won't have to see Soundwave turned into a friggin' satellite.