Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 02:21 AM        That Game (cliched thread I'm sure)
Double Dragon 2- Nes.

Everyone has that game that was the absolute shit when they were a kid and really got them even further into video games. I had about 15 games for Nes, Double Dragon 2 was by far my favorite. Even to this day I fucking love that game.

Killing punks, doing sweet roundhouse kicks to the face and sweet knees to the jaw, knocking people unconscious so they can fall out of a flying helecopter, killing indian punks with dynamite, fucking fighting twin ninja guys that throw ninja stars at you, jumping from roof top to roof top, getting shot at by a helecopter, beating up a huge square headed Austrian looking guy on a train, and so much more. Double Dragon 2 for Nes ain't nothing to fuck with(son).

If XBOX 360 made a Double Dragon 2 remake or even another sequal to the series, I'd orgasm.

Street Fight 2 for Snes is also tied with DD2. That was the game and system I had circled in the JC Penny catalog for my mother during Christmas time and to me really was like the Wolf3d of fighting games.

Yours?
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 01:08 PM       
I think one of the biggest things for me growing up were beat-em-ups, which probably explains why I still think the Genesis was a superior system to the SNES. I'm sure it's like that for a lot of other people too, where there was nothing better than getting a friend over and tearing Streets of Rage, or Power Rangers, or Altered Beast, or Golden Axe, or (technically) Gunstar Heroes. Not Final Fight, though. Never Final Fight.

I honestly think that's where some people, including me, get their crave for fighting games. They're for grown-ups!
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 01:26 PM       
When I was about 5 one of my parents' friends' kids showed me the then brand new FF2, and I remember crying when Mystadia was burnt down. But for years after that I kept trying to figure out what game it was cuz I had always wanted to see it again, and that search was what got me into the FF series.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 01:34 PM       
I remember playing Gauntlet IV with my mom and uncles when I was a kid. I'd usually get stuck with the warrior cause they took the good characters. We'd usually play until around the 70th floor and stop because it was twelve in the morning. That and Road Rash 2 were the two games that got me into video games and I've been playing ever since.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM       
Schimid I had a Sega too, but I like the Nes and Snes better because of the controllers and probably cause I just started playing on those systems first. Some people like apples, some like oranges.

With that said, STREETS OF RAGE! Man you just took it back for me! I forgot my friend had a SegaCd and we'd play the fuck out of that game. Also, Lethal Enforcer (1 and 2). Altered Beast was the shit as well. Toejam and Earl was a personal favorite for me as well.

Emu when I was a kid, I think I had hella ADD or something. I couldn't never get into RPGs. "READING, THAT'S FOR SISSIES!" Since you are obviously are well versed in the FF series, which one do you like the best to this day? I know that's like asking your favorite Friday the 13th movie cause there are like 30 of them, but I'd give one a go today.

Fathom I FUCKING LOVE YOU. ROAD RASH?! Christ! I totally forgot about that one too! Schimid, that is def in my top 3 Sega games of all time. Beating people up, on MOTORCYCLES.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 04:47 PM       
Quote:
Toejam and Earl was a personal favorite for me as well.
Hell yeah, as long as we're not talking about this.... YIKES!

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Seizure Cloud
Divisible by Waffle is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 04:51 PM       
Hahaha, holy fuck, I'd forgotten about Road Rash too. I think we rented that once...awesome game. I should go find it again.

The game that really did it for me was probably Super Mario RPG. Never before had I played a game quite like it. I played that game over and over again. What especially impressed me was the music. I also attribute my interest in music and love of playing instruments to this game; at the very least, it's what sparked my interest in it.
And the Norwegian died of laughter.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 04:55 PM       
Final Fantasy 3. Still the Greatest RPG ever and the First one that i ever played. On the Action side of things, i played Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition in the Arcade with my Older brother. We spent so much on that game. I also remember Playing Duck Hunt and absolutly ruling at it.

But out of the three i just mentioned, i will always play and always remember Final Fantasy 3. Its just that damn good and being as young as i was, it was the best thing i ever saw.

Oh and the Soundtrack to Maximum Carnage was Kick Ass

edit: Man, the only regret from my childhood is that i never owned too many video games (I was, is, and will always be poor). But i still remain secure in my knowlege that i know a ton about videogames.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Role Assigner
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 04:58 PM       
Tim, that is the one!

Wallfe, you only rented it once?! That's where you fucked up! That game was like a game that you rent once and say, "Hey, I'm gonna buy this game because it is worthy of all my hard earned mowing lawns money." Road Rash would be another great game to revamp with a modern system!

Mario RPG was alright, it was rather easy in my opinion. I liked the little Mario/anime style humor in it however.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 05:02 PM       
I'd do another pic but nah. I was hoping you were talking about the original.. The sequel wasn't nearly as good.

Role Assigner
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 05:17 PM       
Yea sorry, that is the one I played. The first one was better? I'm gonna have to look into that.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 05:30 PM       
time to put on my 'wank hat' as they would say in Consolevania

Maniac Mansion: got it for my birthday years ago, and where every other game I had involved platforming or other cartoony adventures, this was a shock to the system as it was in a pseudo-realistic enviroment (even if it was still cartoony), you could ring the doorbell, then run away, and the person inside would be annoyed by the pranksters, you could explore the house, nicking stuff, running from weirdos and trying to get into the secret lab. At the time I tried to blow up the house, and thought if I ran out to the driveway then I wouldn't get killed too, misunderstanding the power of an atomic explosion.

then year later, thanks to gamefaqs, that there was more than one way to finish the game, and all the loose ends or objects or rooms I thought were useless got wrapped up neatly.

Seizure Cloud
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 06:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
Wallfe, you only rented it once?! That's where you fucked up! That game was like a game that you rent once and say, "Hey, I'm gonna buy this game because it is worthy of all my hard earned mowing lawns money." Road Rash would be another great game to revamp with a modern system!
Tell that to my mom; she's the one that wouldn't buy it for me. D:
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 06:53 PM       
Just to be cool (nerdy) - I hadn't forgotten about road rash 2 and was playing it last week :D

That was very funny. Well done.
Role Assigner
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 07:16 PM       
That's cool Zomboid. I haven't played it since I was about 10 I think. What was your game?
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 07:36 PM       
Earthbound, second place is a tie between LttP and Mario RPG

Star Wars Rebellion was great, too

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 08:33 PM       
tim is totally wrong. The second Toejam & Earl was FANTASTIC, just nothing like the original. I'm a sucker for two-player co-op and, believe me, it delivered
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 10:12 PM       
I do like the second but the original was just way more fun for me.

OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 10:23 PM       
i guess it's super mario bros 3
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 10:24 PM       
or maybe river city ransom
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM       
Oh yeah, and one mustn't forget about Super Mario World: 6 Golden Coins.

It was the first games I owned personally.
Seizure Cloud
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 10:57 PM       
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was also a great game when I was a youngster, mostly because games about retarded speed really appeal to four-year-olds. I never had an NES, so I couldn't experience Double Dragon 2 or River City Ransom until I got a little older. Which sucks.
Role Assigner
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 06:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid View Post
tim is totally wrong. The second Toejam & Earl was FANTASTIC, just nothing like the original. I'm a sucker for two-player co-op and, believe me, it delivered
Whew! I was starting to think I was just the sucker who only played the sequeal version! Good thing I got me a friend on this! I thought the one I played (and the only one I played in the series) was the absolute shit. Plus I have 3 younger brothers, so co-op was a must for me. Atleast 2-player was always a must.

Anyways, I know alot of you have lurked on this thread. Don't be scared to share! I won't bite.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 07:06 AM       
Oh yeah? Well I'm going to go get me some lemonade and take a dip in the hot tub. Just gotta make sure I have enough presents to make the trip.

Edit: make sure to play the original still.

Last edited by timrpgland : Feb 25th, 2007 at 08:58 AM.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 03:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
That's cool Zomboid. I haven't played it since I was about 10 I think. What was your game?
Probably Zombies Ate My Neighbors or Mario 64. Both of those really made me like video games even more than before.

That was very funny. Well done.