Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bod is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 06:39 PM        I Really HATE Time Zones
It was OK back in the day when a long distance phonecall was a week in the planning. But how annoying now. I want to talk to mates in Canada/USA but only it's midnight here and they got to finish work cos it's only lunch time. Or I want to talk to mates but it's midday here and the idiots over there are still in bed. It's not on you know.

I can't wait until scientists find a way to make it the same time everywhere.

See if people in South Africa can be a 12 hour flight away and yet only be an hour apart from me, why the frigg can't the Americans do the same? I call it downright laziness, I really do.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 07:09 PM       
Phones are so 2005
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bod View Post
I can't wait until scientists find a way to make it the same time everywhere.
lol :<
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 07:56 PM       
I suppose that would technically be possible if the earth were flat and the sun revolved around it. But then, I think, the sun would still cast light on the east sooner than on the west. Or at least at a higher intensity.

Another option would be to make a spherical colony surrounding a star, like in that one episode of Star Trek TNG where they make up a reason to have Scotty still be alive.

As for the UK/South Africa issue, the sun doesn't rise and set vertically. That's why it's cold in Antarctica and un-cold at the equator. Behold!

If everyone just decided, "Ok, guys, when the sun is over Greenwich, it's noon everywhere," The meaning of the sun's position still wouldn't change. If the sun was high over England, and you called a friend in, say, China, it'd still be nightime there and they'd still be sleeping, despite the fact that it's technically noon. I guess everyone could change their schedules to compensate for this, but then one side of the world never gets to be awake during the daylight hours. Then they would inevitably complain, and the night side of the world would go to war with the day side for reclamation of lost sunshine, and the results would be CATASTROPHIC.

See what you fucking did? Your absent-minded wishful thinking has started World War 3, and I hope you're very, very proud of yourself.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Sep 19th, 2008 at 08:28 PM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM       
Or we all move to the UK
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 08:04 PM       
Yeah, but England sucks
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 08:09 PM       
We could also just make it so that it's only daytime in America, and anyone who complains will get their asses kicked. With BOMBS.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 09:25 PM       
How about a giant mirror that would reflect the sun onto the dark side for daylight and then eclipse the sun for night.
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 09:54 PM       
All that effort so she can say "hey, what's up?".

Yes. Very yes.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 10:11 PM       
It is a gentlemens duty.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 10:39 PM       
i believe the answer to this problem is severe insomnia
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 03:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post

See what you fucking did? Your absent-minded wishful thinking has started World War 3, and I hope you're very, very proud of yourself.
Listen, you've got to crack a few eggs to make an omelette, right?

I'm all for the giant mirror, or a shell around the planet with interior lighting.

I wanted a bit more than a 'wassup' but a full length catch up. But I keep missing people. And yeah, England does suck. I really want to move to Canada. It's big like America, but they have healthy food as well as junk - nb you don't have to eat maple syrup with everything, trying it once is enough to appease the locals.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 03:30 AM       
Living in Stoke would make me think England sucks too.

Screw you guys that say that Great Britain sucks!

The UK is fucking great, and if I didn't hate that shithole in every fucking way I would totally reconsider living there.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 05:43 AM       
bod if you want my canadian number you can call me anytime :D

That was very funny. Well done.
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 07:03 AM       
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 07:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
bod if you want my canadian number you can call me anytime :D
You're in the wrong bit, I want to move to Toronto. I spent a day there and decided I wanted to live there.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 12:53 PM       
Don't be fooled, America and Canada eat the same junk, Canada just has way, way cooler flavors. Ketchup chips? Hell yes.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 02:06 PM       
Toronto is nice, except for the Winter, and the crack shack I had to stay in when investigating learning opportunities. By the by, I think in an episode of Darkwing Duck one of the villians used a rocket attached to the equater to stop the spinning of the earth so it's daytime on one, nighttime on another. I think the dark side froze over and the light side became too hot to live in. That's why TIME ZONES are important.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 05:37 PM       
FRENCH FRIES AND GRAVY MAKE CANADA A MUCH BETTER OPTION THEN THE U.S. IN MY OPINION.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 10:17 AM       
Everyone in the rest of Canada hates Toronto.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 08:15 PM       
There's even a movie about it!

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:03 AM       
Dammit, I like my fries with gravy!
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 08:42 AM       
fries and gravy almost sounds like chips and gravy which is like home from home.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 06:27 PM       
Fries and gravy canadian would be chips and gravy uk
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 06:28 PM       
I would try it with white gravy, but I don't know about brown gravy and fries.