Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 09:48 AM        Here's a moral question for you kids.
The players:
You're great friends with Friend A, in fact, you live with Friend A.
You're good friends with Friend B and have partied with him in the past. You just recently got back in contact with him after a few months.

The situation:
Friend A hates Friend B and vice-versa. Friend A has nude pictures of Friend B's fiancé from when they were dating. Friend B asks you to go into Friend A's computer and delete these pictures. What do you do?

I'll tell you what I did after a few replies. But I'd like to get a general concensus.

Old Dec 12th, 2003, 10:13 AM       
I wouldn't delete the pics because that would cause quite a bit of static between my roommate and myself.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 10:46 AM       
Well, with the wacky way I handle things, I wouldn't delete the pictures but instead bring up the issue with Friend A and ask that the pictures be removed on my behalf. Beyond that it's between A and B.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 10:48 AM       
Devil: Save the pictures for yourself. They make for good jack material, and you never know when you'll need a little blackmail. And send them to me, while you're at it.

Angel: It's really not your place to go through Friend A's personal stuff, and Friend B needs to understand that you don't deserve to be put between their problems like that. Tell Friend B to talk to Friend A, or at the most, talk to Friend A instead. But don't go behind their back and risk losing Friend A's trust. If Friend B is really your friend, they'll understand that it's wrong to put you in that position.
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 10:49 AM       
I'd ask to delete the pics, wouldn't see a reason for friend A to have them anymore.

Or just leave it to them.

Old Dec 12th, 2003, 10:54 AM       
Okay. Cool. What I did was refuse to delete them, but compromised and gave Friend B copies of the pictures. I intended from the beginning to talk to Friend A today about him deleting the pictures when he gets home, and that is still what I'm going to do.

I guess I'm looking for a 'you did the right thing' pat-on-the-back bullshit because I know he's going to be hurt by me giving Friend B anything on his machine, even if it is nude pictures of his own fiancé. I mean, the guy takes it personally when I ask him to not tailgate people when I'm in the car, so this is bound to be an ordeal this afternoon.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 12:12 PM       
Well, they ARE his pictures, so he has every right to have a copy of them. The touchy situation is going on Friend A's computer without his approval, but it can be justified in that he really isn't supposed to have those pictures in the first place, and you didn't delete or go through any of his stuff.

Of course, the dishonest thing would be to delete them, see how long it takes him to nitice, and then deny the whole thing.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 12:25 PM       
That's a damn tricky situation, but I try to respect other people's privacy, so I don't go through other people's things, particularly their computer where they may have personal information they don't intend for others to see. And that goes double for my roommates since I have to live with them and see them every day. I'm not going to stick my nose in their shit and I appreciate it that they stay out of mine.

I understand completely why Friend B doesn't want Friend A to have the pictures, but obviously the fiance in question here agreed to have her picture taken while she was going out with Friend A. If she regrets it now, that's her problem, not yours.

Talking to Friend A about it is probably as far as I've have gone. I would have made the effort but I would have explained to Friend B that going into someone else's personal shit is just something I do not do.

You went a little further than I would have, but I still don't think you're too far out of bounds. But you can damn sure expect Friend A to be annoyed...though at the same time it's good that you're being honest to Friend A about what you did.

Old Dec 12th, 2003, 12:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Well, they ARE his pictures, so he has every right to have a copy of them. The touchy situation is going on Friend A's computer without his approval, but it can be justified in that he really isn't supposed to have those pictures in the first place, and you didn't delete or go through any of his stuff.
How do you figure that the pictures belong to Friend B? Friend A took them (or got them) when he was dating Friend B's fiance. Really, Friend B has no claim to them, other than they are pictures of his fiance.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 12:33 PM       
Precisely. If you don't want something to come back and haunt you someday or don't want to end up regretting something you've done, then DON'T DO whatever it is you were debating doing.

Now, it would certainly be the gentlemanly thing for Friend A to delete the pictures, but I'm assuming that he obtained them in a fully kosher manner. In which case, they're his to hang onto if he pleases, even though Friend B's fiance may regret it and not be altogether happy about it.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 12:50 PM       
You should have made a copy of the pictures for yourself, deleted Friend As copy, and then made your two friends bid over the control of them. You could have made some dollars.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 01:42 PM       
And had good wank material, too. :D

You should post some of these pictures, Chojin, just to get them back for getting you involved.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 02:35 PM       
YEAH, THAT'S A GREAT IDEA

POST NAKED PICTURES OF A GIRL BECAUSE THOSE ARE SO HARD TO FIND ON THE INETERNET
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:10 PM       
I would not delete the pictures, because that would be a violation of property rights.

Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:13 PM       
How would it grab you if I were to violate your property rights? In stock.

You have to admit that would flatter you a little bit.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:25 PM       
OAO:

If your parents were dying of some deadly but curable disease and you had to break into a pharmacy to steal drugs for them, would you do it or would you let them die? (911 is not available and the owner of the drug store is on vacation).

I read a study once about how young children believed that laws were right and wrong just because they were laws and there were no exceptions. This was because until a certain stage in their development they could only think concretely and couldn't grasp abstract concepts like reasons and contexts. Those over the age of 7, however, could usually understand the purposes behind some laws and the situations in which those laws might need to be broken.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:34 PM       
I don't know if it would necessarily solve the problem but what might, for the sake of comedy, be a fun thing to do is to have Friend B's fiance approach Friend A and ask why he still has nake pictures of her on his computer just to watch him stammer and stutter. It may even happen, under this type of coercion, that Friend A might decide to remove them on his own. This is assuming, of course, that Friend A and Friend B's fiance are on speaking terms.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:41 PM       
He removed the pictures when asked. He was a little upset at me going through his stuff, but only because I did it while he wasn't around.

Yay.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
How do you figure that the pictures belong to Friend B? Friend A took them (or got them) when he was dating Friend B's fiance. Really, Friend B has no claim to them, other than they are pictures of his fiance.
I misread the whole dating situation. I thought Chojin meant they were from when the fiance and Friend B started dating.

Chojin had me read this thread when I woke up.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 12:25 AM        Re: Here's a moral question for you kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
I'll tell you what I did after a few replies. But I'd like to get a general concensus.
CONSENSUS ALREADY MEANS GENERAL!

:Redundant

Old Dec 13th, 2003, 12:58 AM       
No it doesn't, you mote.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 05:43 AM       
I am now only going to call my friends Friend A, B, C etc.

Old Dec 13th, 2003, 09:22 AM       
Funny you say that, Friend Q.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 02:22 PM       
I never expect any of my friends/family/loved ones to pick between me and people I hate, and when they expect it of me I don't accept it.

Of course, the only logical course of action would have been to break into the computer and paste headshots of Friend A over the pictures.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 07:28 PM       
I didn't read this thread very carefully but if I understood it correctly, I don't get what's any of your friend B's buisness what friend A has on his computer. It's that tramp that whore of a girlfriend A used to have but now B has that's the one that likes it when people take nude photos of her. I say friend A should keep the fucking pictures and jerk off to them every day, and you know what, he should call after every time and inform her of that. Nobody should be able to take that away from him. It's his right as an ex-boyfriend with a camera