Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Mike is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 12:58 AM        I broke a glass door. Oh shit.
Earlier this evening I was SERIOUSLY pissed off and I could hardly think clearly at all. I went out for a walk around campus (I live in the dorms) and I walked toward the main building where I study. I got inside the building and then decided to leave right away but the fucking door was stuck for some reason and because I was furious and being stupid I kicked it. It's one of those typical academic-building-ish glass doors with the little metal wires running through it all criss-crossed. Anyway, the glass in the door is pretty much totalled. Fortunately the wires kept it from shattering all over the place.

There was a little camera on the ceiling right there recording everything and in a moment of sheer retardation I looked straight at it. I was actually looking to make sure there was no camera, but ended up DEFINITELY finding one. So, it's pretty much pointless to wait, so I'm gonna have to fess up and pay to have the door fixed.

Does anyone have any idea how much this is going to cost? I'm actually fine with the confessing, I just have no idea how much it costs to replace the glass in one of these doors and I'm kinda freaked if I can't afford it. Does anyone know about this kind of thing?
Location: Under the basement stairs getting a blow job from black obsession
FreakinStrange is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 01:07 AM       
Once I slammed off one of the doors for the toilet stall at my school

FUCK OFF FRANK
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 01:09 AM       
not really :/ if i was to guess i would say probably somewhere around $500 though :/
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 01:11 AM       
oh man i hope your mom didn't find out
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 01:15 AM       
Oh no here comes that stuck up Dean

MIKE!!!!
Mocker
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 01:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
not really :/ if i was to guess i would say probably somewhere around $500 though :/
No, I'm serious.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 01:33 AM       
wtf so was i :/ I am going off of fuzzy memories about when I broke a glass door at school and my parents were GOING to have to replace it but someone else wound up doing it :/

i'm scouring google for answers too :I
Mocker
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 01:48 AM       
Oh...ok. I'm sorry Willie. I appreciate it. I just did a lot of googling too and all I could find was doors for people's houses and stuff.
OH GOD
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 01:58 AM       
http://www.swissshade.com/fauser_security_windows.htm :/ the first table might be close, but i don't know what size pane got broke so :/

-willie
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 01:58 AM       
Do you think if you give them a peice of glass they're are going to let you off? No they'll get some repairman to fix it and then make you pay his bill. So you'll have to pay for the new glass and him replacing it on the door. Just save your quarters for this instead of buying candy and going on bus rides.
Bod is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 07:36 AM       
You think that's bad, try putting up with abuse at work everyday from the person who's senior to you. Nasty poisonous stuff, lies and attempts at humiliation. And if you go to the human resources woman, you get told to ignore it but the atmosphere gets so bad that the Chairman of the whole fucking company pulls you in to say this must end or you're on a warning. The bitch who's bullying you decides to resign quoting you as one of the reason why she's going and is making your life hell and you're told to carry on and ignore it again. You have to be nice to her or you're in trouble, but she can treat you as a c*** all day. So you're unable to sleep and it chews you up inside all the time and affecting your home life. And you just want to blub like a bastard baby so you go to the docors and he puts you on paroxetine and you still don't want to phone up work to tell them the reason you didn't come in today is because you're so depressed you can't make your legs take you in.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 09:04 AM       
I sympathise bodlet. Having to work with such people is one the most annoying aspects of life. Take some comfort in the fact that if someone lives their life like that, being a petty, joyless scumbag they will inevitably have an utterly shit, pointless life that will leave them feeling far worse than the way they made you feel.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 11:34 AM       
www.customerssuck.com Go to the Coworkers and Managment sections in "Employees Lounge". Great place to vent.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 11:47 AM       
Glass with that chicken wire shit is expensive. REAL expensive. Its not easy to make glass with metal inside it.
Mocker
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 12:56 PM       
Well damn, that is expensive. No Professor, I wasn't going to get them a piece of glass, I just wanted to know how what I was facing price-wise in terms of the materials. I talked to the lady at the front desk and she was really nice to me. She said she's going to try to let me off the hook by assuming that it was an accident and letting maintenance take care of it. Don't know if this is for sure though.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 02:33 PM       
A glass door once collapsed around me. I made a post about it on this board.

The noise was fucking horrible.

That sucks for you.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 05:04 PM       
Fuck phpbb. I just typed a story relating to breaking doors and lost it because for some reason, even though my browser window is still open from this morning, I'm not logged in. Growl.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 05:22 PM       
my brother punched thru a window once
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 05:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Well damn, that is expensive. No Professor, I wasn't going to get them a piece of glass, I just wanted to know how what I was facing price-wise in terms of the materials. I talked to the lady at the front desk and she was really nice to me. She said she's going to try to let me off the hook by assuming that it was an accident and letting maintenance take care of it. Don't know if this is for sure though.
YOU SHOULD STILL SAVE YOUR QUARTERS THOUGH, i mean god damn, lay off that fucking Donkey Kong for one night just to be safe.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 08:13 PM       
That Glass Chicken Wire shit Is hella Expensive! Its like $340 for a 12' by 12' inch window!

But I've broken plenty of glass shit like when I was 9 me and my friend were wresling in his living room and he power-bombed me into a small glass table and i needed like 15 stitches.

I broke a toilet i hit it with a bat cuz i thought it was the old one but turns out it was the new one my dad was gonna install in our bathroom.

But I don't know how much one of those panes cost... Is it one of those large panes that are like in Wal-Mart doors?
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 08:16 PM       
I dropped a lightbulb once. :/ Other than that damage is focused to walls or nearby objects.
Mocker
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 09:09 PM       
ArrowX, it's not as big as the wal-mart panes. It's about the size of an average door because there are four doors like that right next to each other and I just broke one of them. It's about 2.5 feet by 7 feet.
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 09:46 PM       
Normally the school will make a purchase order for the door. This will usually be cost plus 10%. It'll still be costly but not what I think some of you are finding on google. The school will help defray some of the cost since it falls under insurance guidelines but some of the expense might come out of you (or it might not - it just depends). It's not going to be that bad at all.

But in the future, next time you snap like that, pick up a gun, aim and pull the trigger. A bullet hole in the door wont be as noticeable...

Slinky Ferret is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 05:32 AM        BAH!
Over here, people get kicked out for smoking in halls and opening windows that aren't meant to be opened. You should confess and offer to fix it, or at least do a bodge job.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 03:48 PM       
Some anger management course are in order!!

Wherever you go, there you are.