Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 02:09 PM        Bertuzzi and hockey
For all the hockey folks out there, this isnt breaking news, but its worthy of discussion...

Canucks' star gets season ban for on-ice assault
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...594563242.html
----------------------

The National Hockey League has suspended Vancouver ace Todd Bertuzzi for the rest of the season, including the play-offs, after his vicious on-ice attack that left an opponent with a broken neck.

But the Canucks' All-Star forward has yet to learn the full extent of his punishment. Vancouver police are investigating whether to charge him and the NHL says it will consider Bertuzzi's eligibility for next season.

"This is not a part of our game and it will not be tolerated," said NHL commissioner Gary Bettman after the ruling.

"Ultimately, we will be judged on our response and the message you send. And the message is, there is no place for this in our game."

Bertuzzi's attack on Colorado Avalanche's Steve Moore on Monday sent the rookie crashing to the ice and left him unconscious in a pool of blood.

Moore is still in a Vancouver hospital and will not play again this season. He also has concussion and deep facial cuts.

In leaving the suspension open-ended, the NHL has linked Bertuzzi's ban to Moore's health. Bertuzzi, who has expressed remorse over the incident, breaking into tears several times while making a public apology, will meet Bettman before next season's training camp to review his case.

-----------------------

Well, I think Bertuzzi just threw out his career for good. There has been lots of talk about banning fighting in the NHL, but the problem is, they didnt fight! Moore was sucker punched from behind. I also think Todd should be criminally charged with assult and conspiracy since the attack was for "revenge" .