Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 02:28 PM        Meeshtur Mockuhree
I ordered Matrix Revolutions, and you said you wanted to know what I thought.

I'm very mixed on it. On one hand, it almost didn't even feel like a Matrix movie, and it DEFINITELY didn't feel like the second half of Reloaded like they set it up to be. The battle for Zion was interesting for a few moments, but then just got incredibly boring. How long can you just sit and watch mechs shooting little yellow lights at a spiral of squids? And while they focused on that, they would be ignoring other parts of the story for long periods at a time.

Agent Smith making it into the real world was a majorly missed opportunity to take the story in a much better direction. He just ended up never feeling like a threat at all in this movie or Reloaded. He's just kind of there, making copies of himself, and fighting Neo endlessly, because they're equally matched. And the flying/fight scene was just... blah. As one person put it, instead of being wowed by the action, you instead wonder what a new Superman movie would be like with this kind of technology.

And Merovingian and Persephone got screwed. They were the most fun new characters in Reloaded, and here they're just two putzes hanging out in a fetish club. Persephone only fucking says one line, for Christ's sake. And the new Oracle sucked. And I don't understand the point of having that family of programs. They didn't really serve any purpose, other than to tell a little bit about Matrix's "limbo," but it didn't fucking matter.

It was just a very different movie, and the direction of the story was just really shitty. They could have done so much more with it, but it all just kind of fell flat. As a movie, it's probably slightly better than Reloaded, because it's not filled with all the philosophical shit about choice (but instead, we get no insight at all). But it's a much bigger disappointment than Reloaded, mainly because I was hoping for a better end to the trilogy.

And a certain death scene went on for so fucking long, I was begging for the person to just die already, instead of feeling any sort of sadness for their death. And considering the bad storytelling from the last two movies, you weren't given any reason to care about them anyway, partly because you hardly remember they're in the film.

They should never have killed off Mouse in the first movie. He could have taken over for the character of the annoying kid, too.