Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 07:45 PM       
Academic consensus? You obviously don't understand how history works, but that's ok. Just because the first time it was found in the hebrew language was 200 bc, doesn't mean that's the first time it was ever used. Besides, I'm pointing out a line that the torah followed, from civilization to civilization(because that's what happened) who all took up using GEMATRIA or some form of it, or even just had superior geometric skills.
For example, there were jewish people who could speak babylonian(and greek), and since the academic consensus is that the babylonians(and greeks by 500) were using gematria by 800 bc(which would mean that ALOT of them were using it before 800 bc), well. You connect the god damn dots. I already did.
And as i pointed out, ancient hebrew, the one they used in the times of the torah, had the equated gematric words already associated with them. The only thing I'm not sure of is if the NUMBERS were associated with them or not. Regardless, though, in certain formulae numbers arent necessary, just a refinement.
I'd also like to point out that civilizations take time to catch up to the "Times". When all of a sudden the entire jewish populace is using gematria, coins aren't magically coalesced out of thin air to match. In fact, entire civilizations don't take up on a trend in one day. Sometimes it takes a long time, espcially with the hebrews who were basically bitches of different civilizations throughout time. Bitches of civilizations who ended up using gematria. Horray.
One more thing, there's this thing called the CLERGY, you know. It's filled with priests, intellectual people. People who are taught well. People who are taught smartly. These people are smarter than the average populace, they withold information at times, or simply use other information before the general populace ever learns about it. I'm not saying the delay may be a few thousand years, BUT THEN AGAIN WHAT AM I SAYING. not like the qabalah was an oral tradition passed down only to the most intellectual/smart people coughcoughahackhack. I'm talking nonsense.