Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 08:54 AM        How heartless is this?
Long story, but stick with it. *ahem*

I used to work with this nice girl who has been put into a situation that none of us ever want to be in. Her mother is dying of cancer. Well, everyone at my former place of employment feels so sorry for her that they had a bunch of fund raisers for her. My old boss, however, felt differently. He felt that they should stop because they are giving her too MUCH money and attention (which, btw, the cancer COULD be stopped, just with a very VERY expensive operation, and this girl can't afford it on a waitress's pay). He said that the next time someone is in this situation, they won't do nearly as much, and that that isn't fair to everyone else.

Jump forward to this past Saturday. They held a benefit dinner to raise the money for this girl and her mother. It was a great success. Even the mother came to the dinner to see how much we all care about her. Well, that wasn't such a good idea. It was kind of taxing on her, and she got sick yesterday. So sick, in fact, that the girl had to stay home from work. When she called to tell them that she wouldn't be in, that she had to care for her dying mother, can you guess what my old boss did? No, he didn't say "Oh, I'm so sorry, hope everything works out", instead, he said "Oh, well, if you can't come in today, then you're fired." SHE'S FIRED BECAUSE HER MOTHER IS DYING!