Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:24 AM        this looks like buckets of fun
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6549265/

Quote:
LOS ANGELES - A new video game to be released Monday allows players to simulate the assassination of President Kennedy.

The release of "JFK Reloaded" is timed to coincide with the 41st anniversary of Kennedy's murder in Dallas and was designed to demonstrate a lone gunman was able to kill the president.

"It is despicable," said David Smith, a spokesman for Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, the late president's brother. He was informed of the game on Friday but declined further comment.

Kirk Ewing, managing director of the Scottish firm Traffic Games, which developed the game, said he understood some people would be horrified at the concept, but he insisted he and his team had nothing but respect for Kennedy and for history.

"We believe that the only thing we're exploiting is new technology," said Ewing, a former documentary filmmaker and senior executive with Scottish developer VIS, responsible for games like "State of Emergency." He said he sent Edward Kennedy a letter before the game's release.

Ewing said the game was designed to undermine the theory there was some shadowy plot behind the assassination. "We believe passionately there was no conspiracy," he said.

Oswald's perch recreated
Traffic Games said the objective was for a player to fire three shots at Kennedy's motorcade from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's digitally recreated sixth-floor perch in the Texas School Book Depository.

Points are awarded or subtracted based on how accurately the shots match the official version of events as documented in by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination.

Shooting the image of Kennedy in the right spots in the right sequence adds to the score, while "errors" like shooting first lady Jacqueline Kennedy lead to deductions.

Each shot can be replayed in slow motion, and the bullets can be tracked as they travel and pass through Kennedy's digitally recreated body. Players can choose to see blood by pressing a "blood effects" option.

Players can view the motorcade from a number of angles, including the perspective of filmmaker Abraham Zapruder and a view from the "grassy knoll" where some conspiracy theorists believe a second gunman was stationed.

The game will be available via download for $9.99.
Special JFK Reloaded bonus minigame: Magic Bullet Pinball

How about "The Sims: Jimi Hendrix Edition" where you have to choose to sleep on your side or on your back.

Or "The Sims: Mama Cass" where you have to convince her not to eat the sandwich.

Or "Sonny Bono's Downhill Racing 2005"

Or "Christopher Reeve's Rodeo 2005"

a flight simulator piloted by buddy holly.

or a surfing game featuring elian gonzales.

O.J. Simpson's Need for Speed?

this is great actually, video games is one medium where i am all for the most tasteless acts and ideas ever.

I hope someone makes a game where you get to be Ron Artest, and you get points for punching fans.