Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 01:16 PM       
There. Title fixed.

Honestly, this is the stupidest thing for them to do. They are going to release an unfinished system globally just to make holiday sales rush. It's going to cost a ton of money, while it will be going up against 2 cheaper consoles at the same time.

Plus, it's still using blue-ray, which will fail as a media format. Here's why:

Cost: It costs more to produce and code blue-ray

Demand: The demand won't be there. People will look at the two upcoming formats and say this "Hmm... blue-ray? What the fuck is that? OH! HD-DVD! I know what HD is, and I know what a DVD is! It must be good!"

Microsoft: If MS doesn't want a media format to succeed, it won't succeed. All they need to do is make sure Windows doesn't read it. And if that happens, Apple computers won't read it, because Microsoft owns part of Apple.

So, yeah, people aren't going to dig the blue-ray, they won't dig the price, and so far, the system is far from finished. Unless they magically pull a system out of their ass, the PS3 will be bogged down with more problems than the PS2 was.