Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 01:17 PM        What Tomorrow Holds
I'm gonna say 'nothing yet'.

I believe we will see some seriously deadlocked races, and some majorly active lawyers, and some pre-packaged ready to go protesters, and it may be some time before we know who 'won'. Since the voting machines can't be trusted, whichever side wins, the other will legitimately be able to call them illegitimate. ow it all shakes out is going to be anybodies guess.

I think, though, that called winning or loosing, the D's will gain some seats with enough margin that they won't be contested. And I'm okay with that. Yes, I'd really like to see the House and the Senate be won by D's, though I'm an independent now, since I think divided government at this moment in history offers the best chance for the continuation of the American Experiment.

But W has no more elections left, the Baker report is coming, and Republicans in the House and Senate have their futures to look toward. This time, I don't think (and I truly hope) %51 will not be enough for George to govern like a king.

However many days or weeks it takes to hash out all the results, I think we are moving into a better time. Here's hoping.