Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:45 AM        Mukasey should not be confirmed
"Is waterboarding constitutional?" Mr. Mukasey was asked by Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, Democrat of Rhode Island, in one of the sharpest exchanges. "I don't know what is involved in the technique," Mr. Mukasey replied. "If waterboarding is torture, torture is not constitutional."

Okay, first of all, that's perjury. No educated person in America today doesn't know what's involved in waterboarding, especially a Judge who's area of expertise is trying terrorism cases.

Additionally, no one who talks crap like that second sentence should be confirmed to dog catcher let alone attorney general.

If he'd answered the question by saying

"If elected attorney general, I fully intend to lie to congress whenever it suits me"

And yes, yes, yes, I KNOW that's what attorney generals do, but
A.) The arrogance of the presentation is astounding
B.) They shouldn't
and
C.) WHEN they do, it should be immediately dragged into the full light of day.

More than any other political position, the attorney general should be held to a standard of the least permissable amount of blatant bullshit because they represent the LAW, which we are supposed to believe is more important than any given adminsitration.

He Blew it. That quote, and the other one about the President not being above the Law but within it (as opposed to subject to it) should be repeated over and over and over and he should NOT be confirmed just because he is less of a slave toad jester than Gonzales.