Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 18th, 2008, 03:28 PM        Help me decide what candy to give out for Halloween!
Last year I thought I was going to be the ultimate Cool Grownup and give out full-size candy bars. I was a little surprised at the kids' "meh" response, because there were Reese's Cups in there.

I grew up in a subdivision filled with dentists and cardiologists and that made for a bagful of toothbrushes and cholesterol charts, which made for a really shitty Halloween. Besides, all the kids knew they got that stuff for free at the office and they were just being cheap. Bastards.

There was one lady who would buy entire boxes of fundraiser candy in September, those giant-size bars with the really good buttery caramel in them, and give them out for Halloween, but there was a catch. She'd spend like 100 bucks on candy and dump it in a big tub by her front door with a sign saying TAKE ONLY ONE. Then she'd sit right inside her door and watch, and if a kid took more than one she'd jump out and scare the shit out of them.

I've also had pennies thrown at me by an old man who yelled at me and my friends to BUY our OWN FUCKING CANDY, and although I get pissy at times I'm pretty sure I don't want to go that route.

Here's what I have in my stockpile at the moment:

- 3 bags of 20 multiflavor packs of Jelly Belly jellybeans (nabbed for $2 ea at the factory last week)

- 16-odd rolls of Mentos (from a 20-pack purchased for a project I got bored with).

I don't have a big budget, and now that kids apparently aren't impressed with big candy bars, I'm at a loss. Any ideas?