Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What is your opiniopn on the furry fandom?
They're misunderstood 3 16.67%
Meh 2 11.11%
They creep me out 8 44.44%
KILL THEM ALL!!! 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
90's Child is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:49 AM        What is your opinion on the Furry fandom?
For some reason, being a very much unliked member of this forum, I have decided to open this can of worms. My mind works in such stupid ways sometimes. Anyway, I want to hear what you think of the most strange and most hated fandom on the internet (I'd especially like to hear your opinion on them).

Of course, this thread will probably lead to an inferno of hatred as a foregone conclusion, because this is a humor site, and the conculsion of most humor sites towards furries seem to be "We will come into their houses, slit their throats, set them on fire, beat them to death and piss on the ashes"

But, well, In my opinion, I think that they're misunderstood, weird but harmless and not the societal deviants who should be hunted down and burnt at the stake that everone else seems to think of them as. I think the whole perversion aspect (which is why everyone hates them from what I can see, and most other reasons seem to be all pointing towards "You're weird, so you must be destroyed") in itself isn't all that creepy conceptually, weird yes but not creepy, having to do more with attractive, humanoid nonhumans than what most of you think of when you first hear what the fetish is. It's not al ltaht horrifying conceptually, it just becomes creepy and depraved when you add in other disturbing fetishes. Look up the words "futanari+furry" or "Cub+furry", and you'll see what horrors I speak of. {shiver}

Of course, it's probably going to be hard to do an intelligent conversation about this subject when you all will start napalming (like flaming, only a million times worse) me as soon as this topic gets up.

PS. And no, I am not a fucking furry. I like werewolves for the shapeshifting and empowerment aspects, but I hold no delusions of non-human-ness. Furries are just another unusual subculture to me, albeit one that has vague links to my intrests.
PPS. Misdemonar, BabalityPancakes, if you have nothing constructive or intresting or even remotely civil to say in this topic, then SHUT YOUR FACEHOLES. I mean, Tadao is critical, but he has the decency to be civil about.