Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 12:05 PM       
I never liked Stern. I always thought his humor was stupid and monotonous so by about the 3rd time I heard one of his shows I just stopped listening.

Unfortunately, he wasn't banned here in LA b/c I can hear my uncle listening to him in the other room.

I guess the FCC doesn't care about our morals.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 02:41 PM       
Actually, I have cable TV as well as cable internet access. ITs only recently that I've had it. I still know lots of people who don't have it and I don't think I know anyone with satelite radio.

Its not because I've lived in a large metro area most of my life that makes me think everyone outside of here doesn't have it, just that I know many people in many regions who don't spend their money on something thats not that nessacery.

Quote:
P.S.- Over 180 million Americans have internet access, by the way, so yeah, it is "all that common" here.
People or households? And what exactly defines their internet access?
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 04:30 PM       
I'm torn. On the one hand I'm upset about the censorship measures that the FCC is taking and, on the other hand, I'm annoyed that my local Inifinity affiliate is NOT under Clear Channel so Howard Stern's cancellation would open up another time slot for someone to which I DO enjoy listening. :/

Wherever you go, there you are.

phnompehn is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 11:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Actually, I have cable TV as well as cable internet access. ITs only recently that I've had it. I still know lots of people who don't have it and I don't think I know anyone with satelite radio.

Its not because I've lived in a large metro area most of my life that makes me think everyone outside of here doesn't have it, just that I know many people in many regions who don't spend their money on something thats not that nessacery.

Quote:
P.S.- Over 180 million Americans have internet access, by the way, so yeah, it is "all that common" here.
People or households? And what exactly defines their internet access?
Look, all I was saying was that I feel that one day, probably within the next 20 years, satellite radio (And other such premium services) will do for radio what cable (Again, including other comparable services) did for TV. You obviously have no idea what cable did for TV (I'll give you a hint: it has to do with the FCC and a thing called "Standards and Practices").

I know that the vast majority of Americans have both cable and a form of internet access, be it in their home or through a library (Eitherway, it's still access).

I know some people don't have cable. I have a friend who doesn't have it. It's cool.

Now, to clearify my point: The near-monopoly of CC, and the tighter restrictions of the FCC will encourage the growth of premium subscriptions to XM or Sirius.