Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 08:35 AM        i finally uploaded some mp3's...
i didn't see the original thread for this on the first page, so i'm just making a new one...

i have mp3's of my solo project (catheter stretch), as well as some other shit i've put out on the alamagator site now. i'll keep this shit updated now that i have a decent wav-to-mp3 converter. expect more very soon (and also except the shit to come and go fast, 'cuz i don't have a whole fucking lot of space to fill up with mp3's)!

just go to http://www.alamagator.com and go to the "etc" section of the site. please feel free to tell me how much you love them and that you want to join the noise cult.

anyone else uploaded any new mp3's, lately? i've been recording my ass off, but unfortunately most of my tracks are at least 15 minutes in length (oftentimes up to an hour long), so i don't plan on uploading any of those anytime soon. maybe i'll take the time to do "excert" mp3's.
slavemason is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 12:04 PM       
I was wondering if you had anything for us to sample. I remember not too long ago you had gone on a tour through the southeast. Due to car troubles, I wasn't able to make the trek up to see you. At least, I thought it was you who had done this.

Anyway, I'm at work now and my computer has no sound card. I would say that I'd check it out as soon as I get home, but I have to get ready to drive up to Charlotte NC tonight for a gig.

I'll definitely be checking it out when I get back into town.

Our songs are hosted at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/writ...=jtandtheblame. These are probably the same songs I posted about months ago however. I can't remember, as I don't frequent this dump like I used to.

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 12:24 PM        re:
awesome! yeah, that was me doing the touring. sorry you couldn't make it. maybe next time!
yeah, please let me know what you think of it when you get a chance to check it out. i enjoy any comments, positive or negative.
take it easy!
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 07:37 PM       
streamin' it now....
whoops, friends are here cant hear it..

naw, kidding..
hmmmm.

i did something like this using audio from data CDs awhile back. actually, this is exactly what it is isnt it? i made a whole CD of this shit once, 10 tracks and everything. except without all the droney bits, it was just this barrage of horrible didgital dysentry, it was so fucking great, people at the radio station liked it....

i approve of this.

Old Aug 28th, 2004, 08:23 PM        re:
i do have a batch of songs that are audio from data files, yes. though they're all used merely as source material. after showing a friend that you could do that he suddenly decided that he could "do noise" (like anyone can't.) by just opening a fucking random file on his computer as audio and save it...
i've kinda wandered away from digital-sounding stuff lately, but i still enjoy tinkering with the ol' computer sometimes.
thanks for the kind words!
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 03:39 PM       
yeah, i took little segemnts that sounded like something other than static and put those together in m-soft sound recorder.

i'm mostly about digital when it comes to noise i respond best to.
slavemason is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 10:00 PM       
I actually made it home earlier that day than expected. I clicked on the first link and I thought that my system had hosed up. I closed that file and opened a known good file. It played fine. Finally it hit me, that fucking Mitchell has sand in his drawers.