Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

conus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 05:27 PM        At the risk of sounding paranoid...
A couple of months ago I told a friend that I wouldn't put it past the current administration to hide the capture of Osama Bin Laden until near the election. This ABC article appeared today. Here's the line that interests me:

"What I tell people, I would be surprised but not necessarily shocked if we wake up tomorrow and he's been caught along with all his lieutenants. That can happen because of the programs and infrastructure in place," he told Geo.

------------------Joseph Cofer Black, U.S. State Department

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040904_1031.html
ThisIsWitty is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 09:14 PM       
They've had Osama for months now.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 09:28 PM       
What's Saddam up to lately?
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 11:48 PM       
"If he has a watch, he should be looking at it because the clock is ticking. He will be caught,"

McMock is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 10:53 AM       
Uhuh. It's possible. They could have done the same with Saddam though, and they didn't back then. I don't think they'd do it with Osama either.

Maybe they even benefit from Osama still being out there. God knows the campaign is almost entirely about the war on terror. Bush speeching in New York proves his intentions. No Osama, no arch-enemy for the war on terror.

EvilConserative#1 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 11:11 AM       
So basically it turns into a double edged sword. If we do capture him honestly they still use the conspiracy card . Talk about the left really going off the deepend .That is a truely desparate attemp of a dying campaign.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 12:16 PM       
You're jumping the gun to try and get us riled up again, Not-Vinth. Nobody's captured anyone yet, honestly or out of a hole we dug for him, and nobody's yet accused anyone of already having him. At least nobody that's not on a message board, lightyears away from the decision-making process, the press, and, in fact, anything that matters.

Saying that we can't trust an administration that's lied to us repeatedly doesn't mean we're all bunch of paranoid loonies.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women

Old Sep 6th, 2004, 03:36 PM       
Quote:
That is a truely desparate attemp of a dying campaign.
Actually it's not an "attempt" of anyone's campaign, desparate or otherwise. I mean unless overnight the DNC made me a high ranking member of their team, in which case I'll have to respectfully decline.

Old Sep 6th, 2004, 08:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by davinxtk

Saying that we can't trust an administration that's lied to us repeatedly doesn't mean we're all bunch of paranoid loonies.
You believe they lied about what ? Don't give me the WMD thing .
But yes i believe if he was caught before nov.2 the dnc's 527 groups would be right out with the allegations .

Old Sep 6th, 2004, 09:12 PM       
Quote:
Why not give you the "WMD thing?" It doesn't matter that the President gave that as the primary purpose for a pre-emptive strike against a sovereign nation in which 1000 Americans have been killed, 7000 wounded and 20,000 civilians have died?

Old Sep 6th, 2004, 09:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by conus
Quote:
Why not give you the "WMD thing?" It doesn't matter that the President gave that as the primary purpose for a pre-emptive strike against a sovereign nation in which 1000 Americans have been killed, 7000 wounded and 20,000 civilians have died?
Don't forget the 1 terror friendly dictator disposed , the hundreds of schools and hopitals re-built , the millions of free people of iraq . The power grid is better than pre 1991 status . Water is in the same boat as the power grid.
I'm sorry i agree with the hit before you get hit method . I believe that it is a basic survival instict .
I will disagree belief that the War on Terror is winable .It can be dismantled but until every person on the earth revokes violent means of expession , someone will use terror as a message of dispair .
The War on Terror like the War on Drugs is still best fought outside the US at the source .

Old Sep 6th, 2004, 11:11 PM       
Quote:
Don't forget the 1 terror friendly dictator disposed , the hundreds of schools and hopitals re-built , the millions of free people of iraq . The power grid is better than pre 1991 status . Water is in the same boat as the power grid.
Just offhand I can think of about 21,000 people who who disagree if they could. Ingrates, I guess. You guys are pretty cavalier when it comes to other people's lives. But then again, those people don't look or sound like you so I suppose it's really not a big deal.

In another of your posts you mentioned "god in schools." Regarding terrorism and some of its reasons, you might check your bible when you're searching for reasons for what surely will happen within the next few years. "What ye sew, " it says, "that also shall ye reap." America has been slaughtering Iraqi civilians by the tens of thousands over the last fourteen years. I dread what's coming, but it will come. Payback, as they say, is a motherfucker.