Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 11:55 AM       
I know how you feel about the whole "living in a Plan B" thing Preechr, but do you have a Plan A?

I haven't really got a good Plan A.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 12:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
nader is anti-war, and he is polling higher than Badnarik.
Haha... while it's true that polls can say anything, don't you have to discount something for respondents that are too dumb to realize the guy they "support" has a 92% chance of not even being on the ballot in their state?

Sorry, but Nader is not even running for President. Yes, the Rasmussen poll I was talking about before turned out to be flawed, but I'm gonna stick to my guns on Badnarik being the ONLY anti-war ACTUAL candidate. Polls that give credence to Nader's campaign only reflect the ignorance of the voters to reality and won't be reflected in a massive number of write-in votes for the guy on Nov 2.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!

conus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 12:26 PM       
I don't really have a plan, but recent events have prompted me to renew my passport, which lapsed a couple of years ago.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 12:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov
I know how you feel about the whole "living in a Plan B" thing Preechr, but do you have a Plan A?

I haven't really got a good Plan A.
Not a realistic one, I suppose. Like you, my ideal future would involve some sort of revolution or major catastrophe. I try not to think about it too much, as doing so just makes me bitchy.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 04:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
Sorry, but Nader is not even running for President. Yes, the Rasmussen poll I was talking about before turned out to be flawed, but I'm gonna stick to my guns on Badnarik being the ONLY anti-war ACTUAL candidate. Polls that give credence to Nader's campaign only reflect the ignorance of the voters to reality and won't be reflected in a massive number of write-in votes for the guy on Nov 2.
You really need to clarify all of this. You should ask the Wisconsin Democratic party if Nader is running. Or maybe the Florida one, or the Pennsylvania one, or the Michigan one, and on and on.....

And I don't particularly care how many ballots Badnarik is on. It never amounts to much.....
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 04:55 PM       
Plan A: Kerry wins, I stick around a while to see if and how things shape up. If the outlook is good, I stay.

Plan B: Bush wins, I stick around long enough to see if Max is right, and the Bush admin undergoes a Nixon-like implosion. If the outlook is good, I stay.

If not, I sell all my shit and find another country.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 10:11 AM       
While I plan to remain in the US (speciffically New England) unless the country truly leans toward Fascism, the appeal of a country that has never been a world power, or a country who's glory days are behind them (but not too far behind, like say Iraq) is clear.

Here's a question. Surely one day (some think sooner than others) America's power on the world stage will begin to decline. Nothing lasts forever, after all. Do you think we'll accept that with relative grace (England) Go kicking and screaming (Germany, Japan) or get snuffed (Rome) .
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 10:31 AM       
Snuffed. But in a good way.

I don't think anyone would think that the US would go out quietly.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 11:05 AM       
You're right about our inevitable decline, Max. And I think it may happen within my lifetime. I think that we've gotten too big to do anything but fall apart from the inside out. Barring some massive alliance of a whole bunch of countries against us, I believe that's how it'll go down.

If I sound like I'm rooting for this, it's just that I find the idea intriguing. We've become so big, so powerful, and so arrogant, that we've developed the same immortality complex that, I'm sure, was the downfall of many an empire.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 11:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Here's a question. Surely one day (some think sooner than others) America's power on the world stage will begin to decline. Nothing lasts forever, after all. Do you think we'll accept that with relative grace (England) Go kicking and screaming (Germany, Japan) or get snuffed (Rome) .
Kicking and screaming. Definitely.