Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 09:51 AM        Do you consider uranium/yellowcake dangerous to Americans if
it's held by our sworn enemies? Or is it just to difficult for terrorists to manufacture weapons using the stuff?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 10:09 AM       
I consider nuclear weapons in the hands of my sworn enemies to be dangerous, yes. My sworn enemies have more nukes, more desire to use them, and are probably more likely to use them, too.

Your sworn enemies probably think along the same lines as you do, as in they think that uranium/yellowcake (What did yellowcake do to replace plutonium?) is dangerous in the hands of their sworn enemies.

It's dangerous to Americans both in the hands of my sworn enemies and your sworn enemies.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 10:35 AM       
Who cares whose hands it's in?
It's dangerous. I'd honestly like somebody's government to know whever every goddamn piece of it is, please.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 12:29 PM       
I just don't think terrorists can do much with yellowcake without it being refined somehow....maybe I'm wrong..
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 01:05 PM       
You need a lot of equipment to turn yellowcake into weapons-grade material. Yellowcake is essentially raw uranium ore that's pulled out of the ground.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 01:39 PM       
As opposed to Joe Public's knowledge of Yellowcake, which is generally pulled out of his ass...

I still wish someone would explain to me what the difference is between the not-so-dangerous sort of Uranium oxide that we already knew about Saddam having and the kind that can be made into a nuke.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 07:05 PM       
Radioactivity.
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 04:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
As opposed to Joe Public's knowledge of Yellowcake, which is generally pulled out of his ass...

I still wish someone would explain to me what the difference is between the not-so-dangerous sort of Uranium oxide that we already knew about Saddam having and the kind that can be made into a nuke.
Uranium enrichment is a complicated, expensive, and fucking LENGTHY process and there's a damn good reason the nuclear club has been so limited thus far. (Libya? Not until you're dead.) Because U-238 (which makes up 99.3 percent of Uranium ore in the form of yellowcake) and U-235 share identical chemical properties, our only hopes of separation are through mechanical means.

Uranium oxide is converted to a flouride gas, then passed through a series of extremely fine porous barriers at high speeds several hundred thousand times. Uranium tetrachloride is then passed through a magnetic field wherein U-235 is gradually separated. A gas centrifuge is then employed to separate the lighter from the heavier isotopes.

(It's known that Iraq procured some 300 tons of yellowcake from Nigeria in the 80's, which was subsequently accounted for by the UN following the First Gulf War. This is not the pretend yellowcake Iraq allegedly attempted to purchase in 2001.)
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 08:58 AM       
Thanks!

UN: Iraqi Nuclear-Related Materials Have Vanished from Yesterday's news...

Fun fun...

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 09:03 AM       
Derrida: please post more.