Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 12:57 AM        Why when I post a "dancing on Saddam's grave" thre
Do I get anti-death penalty people bitching?

This man is guilt of thousands of murders, modeled his regime after Hitler, fed people living feet first into wood chippers, dipped them in acid, aired HUNDREDS of executions and shot women and children in the back of the head, he is guilty of everything from Rape to funding Hamas' murders of Israeli civilians paying $25,000 to families of suicide bombers for killing gradeschool children.

They come with "When did God Give man the right to take a murderers life?" it's called the Torah, the Bible, the Koran, and common sense. Read any of them sometime, they all command it not just approve COMMAND.

This isn't about Bush, or the war or whether it was worth it. It's about justice for the murdered children the murdered women the innocent men, people killed for their race or their village or just looking like a worthy politician who could take his place.

If there is a God this man is in Hell where he belongs, if not the Earth is a brighter place without this bastard on it's face. Life in Prison is to honourable for this coward.

Anyway here's my last laugh God Bless the Iraqi Justice system. I only wish this government could stay up without such a great cost of lives cause damn it they get justice and results in 30 days or your next order is free.

http://pandachute.com/videos/leaked_...ing_hung_video
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 01:19 AM       
people who have a "cause" are fucking annoying, that's why-- they probably also watched alot of movies about how honorable it is to fight for your cause even when you're defending a degenerate swine. Also they think they'll get some liberal pussy from doing it.

"If there is a God this man is in Hell where he belongs, if not the Earth is a brighter place without this Mad Genius on it's face."

i liked this statement but i have a feeling it's from a movie-- perhaps minus the mad genius part?
Unmedicated genius
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 01:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
people who have a "cause" are fucking annoying, that's why-- they probably also watched alot of movies about how honorable it is to fight for your cause even when you're defending a degenerate swine. Also they think they'll get some liberal pussy from doing it.

"If there is a God this man is in Hell where he belongs, if not the Earth is a brighter place without this Mad Genius on it's face."

i liked this statement but i have a feeling it's from a movie-- perhaps minus the mad genius part?
nope just thought of it cause i was listening it Radiohead and smashing pumpkins perform "if there is a god" and i wondered what god would feel about this and i thought if the is a god he would not only approve but cast him into hell and if not, at least we are rid of him.

I replaced mad genius with bastard ad the second bastard with coward seemed more apt.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 03:01 AM       
I will concede that Saddam is a special exception because this obviously had nothing to do with justice and everything to do with politics. Anyone who thinks that doing any amount of suffering on one person who happened to be at the top of command for such a number of atrocities does anything similar to "justice" is a moron. The only "justice" possible is to finally learn to take seriously all those "Nie Wieder, Jamais Encore, Never Again..." plaques at the holocaust sites. It does ring an acrid taste when the future historian will see the first major act of an independent state being the execution of a former executioner. Kevin mentioned parallels, anyone consider Robespierre?

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 05:09 PM       
are you saying that the execution of Louis XVI parallels the execution of Hussein? One was the end of an abosolutist monarchy, the other was the end of a oppressive dictatorship. One sounds alot worse than the other.

So if this parallels it, who will be Napleon this time around?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 05:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
Anyone who thinks that doing any amount of suffering on one person who happened to be at the top of command for such a number of atrocities does anything similar to "justice" is a moron.
I'm inclined to agree with you, not that I'll shed a tear over this. I don't know that we needed to kill the guy, and his execution struck me as very similar to one of these middle of the night execution tapes we're accustomed to seeing on Al Jazeera or something.
Unmedicated genius
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 06:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
Anyone who thinks that doing any amount of suffering on one person who happened to be at the top of command for such a number of atrocities does anything similar to "justice" is a moron.
I'm inclined to agree with you, not that I'll shed a tear over this. I don't know that we needed to kill the guy, and his execution struck me as very similar to one of these middle of the night execution tapes we're accustomed to seeing on Al Jazeera or something.
"We" didn't, the Iraqi justice system who convicted and sentenced him did. All we did was hand him over when they asked.

My only regret is we didn't get a better camera man.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 02:42 AM       
I think, Mr. Prompt, that what Seth was trying to say can be summed up thusly:

"Terror is only justice prompt, severe and inflexible; it is then an emanation of virtue..."

from Robespierre himself.

and honestly, I would much rather witness the vindication of a people oppressed than have a murderer and a sadist live out his life comfortably in some ICJ maintained prison.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 03:29 AM       
...or worse, watch a "Free Saddam" movement running around trying to find bargaining chips for his liberation. People would have continued to die because of him, as long as he was alive.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:04 AM       
I hated watching that video, because for that one second I forgot the horrible piece of shit he was and I just witnessed a guy facing his mortality.

But I'm pretty sure the only reason he was alive for this long was because the US was hell bent on due process and a fair trial.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:42 AM       
If I was one of the Marines that found him I'd have just put a half a magazine into his head and left him in the hole.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Command Prompt
are you saying that the execution of Louis XVI parallels the execution of Hussein? One was the end of an abosolutist monarchy, the other was the end of a oppressive dictatorship. One sounds alot worse than the other.

So if this parallels it, who will be Napleon this time around?
You think that Kings of absolute monarchys were nice to their subjects or somthing? Your dumb as hell if you believe that.
Unmedicated genius
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
If I was one of the Marines that found him I'd have just put a half a magazine into his head and left him in the hole.
would be a lot less paperwork if you ask me. I'd jst say I didn't recognize him with the beard :P
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:12 AM       
Robespierre took what was largely considered a clusterfuck of politics, brought order at a high price that was bloody and ultimately worse than the previous stasis, and in something of a moment of clarity was executed by his own people under strong pressure from foreign States. If you're looking for a Distant Mirror you're not going to find one, but I find the parallels pretty strong.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 03:42 PM       
"My only regret is we didn't get a better camera man."

Forgive me for being dense, but why, exactly? You enjoyed seeing the execution enough to make it your user pic.

I agree the world is better without him in it. I'm glad he's gone, just as I'd be glad for every brutal dictator to be gone.

But if you enjoy it, if it gives you some sort of thrill (and public executions of the innocent and the guilty have long been used as a form of entertaiment) I think that you suffer from the same sort of blood lust that motivates our enemies. To a lesser degree, surely, but it's the same mental disorder. We good guys usually need the assurance that the person we make suffer is really, really bad before we can actually get off on their suffering, which means we're still better than Sadaam and his ilk, who only needed to feel people were in the way to enjoy (one assumes) their suffering.

Sometimes (and I think very, very rarely) people need to die. But does it ever need to be entertainment?

I'm pretty anti-death penalty, but that's not what I'm trying to communicate here. Different people have different thoughts and feelings about that. I guess I think if your inclined to dance on anyone's grave, I think somewhere inside you you have a jones to celebrate suffering, and this is a way you can do it and not realize you're a dick.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 03:46 PM       
I think a better parallel might be the execution of Mussolini, though I suppose it casts the Iraqi people in too favorable of a light to get away with that in this discussion...

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 04:16 PM       
That's exactly what I was most reminded of.