Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
Hobo Renee is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:02 PM        Um...you're on the waiting list?
So, I doubt that many of you remember this, but I applied to the California State Summer School for the arts a few months back and it's pretty hard to get into seeing as how California is a big place with a lot of artsy type people. Anyways, I heard back from them saying that I'm on the waiting list and if they have room for me they'll call. I'm happy that I just didn't get a straight up no from them, but the ambivilence of having to wait to hear back from them is killing me. Do you think that I would be able to write "being on the waiting list for CSSSA" down as an accomplishment for college aps? I was an alternate for the Japan America Frienship Scholars and got it so this might be the same. An weird coinsidence is that last year I found out that I got the scholarship the same day that I donated blood and the blood drive is coming up at the end of this week...hmmm....should I donate or not. The only drawbacks are that it hurts (shut the fuck up, it does!) and it's the afternoon after the AP test, but at least I could get out of going to a lot of classes. Okay, that was a lot more than what I've written here in a while, but I felt like so there!

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:22 PM       
Give blood as often as possible, like me. It's mining the red gold, you know, for cookies and juice and shit.

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:25 PM       
Call their admissions office in a month or so and ask about it. I hear that when you do that they give you a bit more consideration when thinking about who to let in off the waiting list. But don't do it more than twice. Then they just find you annoying and exclude you on purpose.
Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
Hobo Renee is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 10:17 PM       
Even though the letter has a "Don't call us, we'll call you" clause on it do you still think I should do it? Even though their office is only 12 miles away in Sacramento it's still a long distance call and I'm cheap.

Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 05:50 AM       
My little sister applied to be a life guard at one of the richer, fancier country clubs. Well, they didn't contact her over a month and she called them to be all bitchy about not contacting her about an interview. Anyways, she got the job. Over the phone. Without an interview.

So, you never know ;p