Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Psycho Squid is probably a spambot
Old Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:03 PM        Extended LOTR films being released in theaters
From Variety and comingsoon.net

Quote:
New Line Cinema will re-release The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, with additional scenes and footage added, just two weeks before the worldwide December 17 release of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

The plan calls for putting the films on 100-150 screens in the top 10 U.S. markets. Many other U.S. cities will have one cinema participating in the special extended edition screenings. Running times for the extended editions are 208 minutes for "Fellowship of the Ring" and 214 minutes for "The Two Towers."

Advanced ticket sales are scheduled to begin in late September or early October on exhibitor Web sites and movie ticketing sites like Fandango, MovieFone and Movietickets.com.

Starting the week of Dec. 5, the extended DVD cut of "Fellowship of the Ring" will be released in some 100 or so theaters in the U.S. and in 20 theaters in Canada.

Then, the week of Dec. 12, "The Two Towers" will be released, leading up to a worldwide Dec. 16 daylong marathon, during which all three films will be shown back-to-back. The screenings that day will include a 3 p.m. showing of "Fellowship" followed by a 7 p.m. screening of "Two Towers" and then an 11 p.m. screening of "Return of the King," which will carry over into Dec. 17 -- the day of its global release.
I had trouble sitting through the regular versions of the LOTR films in theaters so I'm probably gonna skip this and wait for all the LOTR movies to come out on DVD so I can watch them at my own pace. :/
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:20 PM       
Quote:
Dec. 16 daylong marathon, during which all three films will be shown back-to-back

Too bad i will be back in my hometown then, they probably wont have this.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:42 PM       
I love the LotR movies, but that's insane.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Aug 23rd, 2003, 05:10 PM       
I read all the books in a week once
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 10:18 AM       
oh motherfucker, I knew something like this would happen

lol I wonder if they're going to show all six starwars in marathons when episonde 3 comes out

-willie
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 12:27 PM       
It's a good idea, but why sit through 6 hours of movie in uncomfortable theater seats when I can watch at my own pace at home?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 01:19 PM       
Because you're a sucker. And believe me, I know.