FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 03:03 AM       

OMG JK
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 10:23 AM       
Jack, you obviously don't get the movies, even though your friend explains them, seeing as you can't even spell right.

Evrytthing in his movies is intentional, like, the second part of Full Metal Jacket, it was meant to be grim and unentartaining, because that's what war is. A Clockwork Orange goes from dark and brooding, to light and fairly dulled when he is 'reformed' because it reflects the character.

And Stephen King didn't like the Shining because it was his book, and Kubrick's film turned out VERY diffirently than the book.

2001: A Space Odysee is just fucking art man, you don't have the right to know of it's existance.

Oh, and it is your OPINION that the movies blow, so don't go acting like you opinion is fact, because, well, face it, you're one of the most insignficant people on the planet.

And I like his movies, but I'm no punk that buys his clothes at Hot Topic, nor do I like them because it's 'in'. I like them because I like them. They're dark, and switch over to a completely other sphere, they're original, they're not even meant to entertain on some occasions. All they do is express something about the characters in the movies, and the events. They're basically stories, but with pictures added for mood and effect.

So, shut up because you fail.

JackShit is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 04:49 PM       
geez thats great ace! no, I understand the movies I just don't like them. You all are those kind of people who can't understand that some people out there just don't like certain movies. like my roommates they can't understand how i hate armageddon.. its just a shitty movie...oh and calling somthing art is a cop out... everyone knows so called "artists" are nothing more than pretentious bullshitters.... i could take a picture of someones floater and claim it was a comment on society...
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 05:52 PM       
Quote:
art·ist (ärtst)

n.

One, such as a painter, sculptor, or writer, who is able by virtue of imagination and talent or skill to create works of aesthetic value, especially in the fine arts.

A person whose work shows exceptional creative ability or skill: You are an artist in the kitchen.

One, such as an actor or singer, who works in the performing arts.

One who is adept at an activity, especially one involving trickery or deceit: a con artist.
Quote:
art (ärt)

n.

Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.

The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.

The study of these activities.

The product of these activities; human works of beauty considered as a group.

High quality of conception or execution, as found in works of beauty; aesthetic value.

A field or category of art, such as music, ballet, or literature.

A nonscientific branch of learning; one of the liberal arts.

A system of principles and methods employed in the performance of a set of activities: the art of building.

A trade or craft that applies such a system of principles and methods: the art of the lexicographer.

Skill that is attained by study, practice, or observation: the art of the baker; the blacksmith's art.

Skill arising from the exercise of intuitive faculties: “Self-criticism is an art not many are qualified to practice” (Joyce Carol Oates).
Quote:
Phil·is·tine (fl-stn, f-lstn, -tn)

n.

A member of an Aegean people who settled ancient Philistia around the 12th century B.C.

A smug, ignorant, especially middle-class person who is regarded as being indifferent or antagonistic to artistic and cultural values.

One who lacks knowledge in a specific area.