Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 04:01 PM       
same here, i thought it was great.

i'm gutted, and totally confused. even so recently as the election party he seemed to have more life and grit that could school most political writers to shame.

i mean, what the hell? you dont up and kill yourself if you still have something to say.

WHAT THE FUCK?
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 05:26 PM       
him killing himself says a lot
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 08:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm
him killing himself says a lot
It says drugs are bad.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 09:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Quote:
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/496/496425p1.html
The Movie: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Criterion Collection)
The Offense: Hunter S. Thompson is eating radishes, screeching and making threatening phone messages rather than providing a serious commentary which I found highly entertaining.

Thompson's track bored me. I know Thompson is still a drughead and a boozehound, but did he have to show up so blazed he could barely pay attention? I'm glad he wasn't alone, Anita probably helped keep him focused on the film.

It's also worth nothing that Thompson watches the film, based on a book he wrote, presumably about events he himself went through, yet tries to deny certain events like a suspect on a witness stand, trying to deny the person on the tape is him. Stuff such as denying he mistreated the hotel dwarf and lied about seeing lizards... it makes it hard to know what's supposed to be true about this film if the man who went through this can't even seem to remember. Truth be told, for a late surprise to the extra features of the Criterion disc, it came off as a real disappointment.
Yep, we truly lost a good one.

I'm glad he's dead. I just wish it'd happened sooner, before all these people had a boner for him and a movie based on his bullshit.
You are an enormous pile of dog shit, you know that, right?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 09:16 PM       
Quote:
I'm a fucking pig.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:38 AM       
doesn't james have some important video games to play or something?
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:33 AM       
one of the 5 stages in dealing with death is bargaining.

oh, why couldnt it have been james and not hunter?
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Quote:
I'm a fucking pig.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:08 AM       
Aww, guys, I'm sorry. I didn't realize how sensitive an issue this was for you all.

Tell you what, I'll make it up to you by getting fucked up on drugs and alcohol, and start writing a nonsensical novel about events that didn't really happen, then I'll have a movie made out of it. And then you can all watch that movie and pretend you're the greatest fucking people on the Earth by having seen that movie.

I'm sure not EVERY Hunter fan is a complete moron, but I'd be lying if I said every Hunter fan on these boards wasn't. Now deal with it and accept me as your Lord.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:13 AM       
The worst thing about the internet is realising that no matter what you like, and how worthwhile it is, there are hordes of utter wankers out there who like it the same as you - so the lesson is, just because someone/something has all these pointless willocks slobbering over it, it doesn't make it intrinsically shit in itself.

I think we can accept you as our cleaner James, but you're underqualified for anything else. Now mop these boards, bitch!
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
so the lesson is, just because someone/something has all these pointless willocks slobbering over it, it doesn't make it intrinsically shit in itself.
Yeah. It's just really fucking annoying when people are like "Hey, I knew that guy! I saw Fear and Loathing! That movie was so cool! RIP Hunter. That movie was awesome."

So. Stupid. People are were fans of him, I'm sorry that he's gone. People who are idiots, you are the reason he killed himself.

Just let me be irrationally angry, k thx.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:42 AM       
I wouldn't call myself a 'hunter fan' and I can't say I'm sad or anything else about him being dead. Just liked some of his writing, and enjoyed that movie. Just saying.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:48 AM       
You HEARTLESS BASTARD! I suppose you wank when you see a kitten being killed as well?
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:14 PM       
James, you're a real moron. When George Lucas kicks the bucket and you're all up in arms, crying and covered in snot bubbles, I'll be sure to berate him and ciriticize his style because all he did was direct a nonsensical movie about events that didn't really happen, then made a bunch of CYOA books out of it.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:14 PM       
I love you James!

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 04:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain
James, you're a real moron. When George Lucas kicks the bucket and you're all up in arms, crying and covered in snot bubbles, I'll be sure to berate him and ciriticize his style because all he did was direct a nonsensical movie about events that didn't really happen, then made a bunch of CYOA books out of it.
Something tells me you'll be crying about that long before I do. I've never even seen a single Star Wars film. Besides, I imagine the day he dies will be a very good day, because it'll mean he can no longer rape his own films anymore.

The first reply in this thread was by you, where you admitted at least one of Thompson's books didn't make any sense.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:33 PM       
Using George Lucas was an dysphemism for what your dorky revelry might be. Swap him out with Dungeons & Dragons or Kevin Smith flicks. Whatever. Basically I was calling you a hypocrite. I'm sure some of the entertainment you're engaged in involves events that never happened. Ever read a sci-fi book? Like I need to ask. You're a poster child for the genre.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:52 PM       
You are hereby ordered to stop making yourself look stupid, McClain. You're getting a little too sportsy for my taste.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:25 AM       
SON OF A BITCH
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 08:38 AM       
Quote:
I've never even seen a single Star Wars film. Besides, I imagine the day he dies will be a very good day, because it'll mean he can no longer rape his own films anymore.
if you havent seen any of the star wars films then youre not entitled to an opinion on the films. i bet you havent even read any of hunter's stuff. youre a sheep. you're only living up what other people say and not your own say. nice try though.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM       
President Bush assassinated him in fear of his next book. Bastard.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 02:26 AM       
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 02:36 AM       
He died on presidents day, FURTHER SUPPORTING MY THEORY THAT PRESIDENT BUSH HAD HIM ASSASSINATED.