Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 01:12 AM       
My school now has "Suicide Prevention Weekend" around Valentine's Day. :/

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 01:30 AM       
Don't most cases of suicide end support the fact that most suicide attempts are cries for help and those that live through it are glad they didn't die and those that do probably regret it while they are dying?

Pfft. Suicide. What a cock fucking quitter. Suck it up and make something of yourself. We're all fucking dying anyway. He just cut in line. I hate people that do that.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 01:32 AM       
Don't enjoy whisky? Quit drinking it. Don't enjoy life? Quit living it. It's perfectly sensible, and it's generally selfish to impose otherwise.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 01:47 AM       
slit his throat? dude, theres ways to kill yourself that are way less painfull. thats some hardcore shit right there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 01:59 AM       
I thought the same thing, but then again in my main attempt I chose isopropyl because I knew it would be extremely painful and I wanted it as penance.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

FS is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 05:37 AM       
I hate it when people dismiss suicidals as cowards. I've never even considered taking my own life, but I can see perfectly well why people would. And I still don't think it's a decision anyone takes lightly. People may kill themselves for stupid reasons, but I think at least in their head it must be major.

As for the inevitable "they always seemed so happy," no one with death on the brain seems to actually walk around moping and sharing their pain with others. They tend to bury their depression and coat it with sunshine. Unless you're one of those psychotic types who thinks they need to save others from the blackness of life first, I guess.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:21 AM       
nooo he didnt even get to vote!!!!!! ;_;

dreaddi is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:48 AM       
I think FS is right. The instinct to live is the strongest instinct of any living thing, and when you get so low that your will to die is stronger than your body and mind's will to live, it has nothing to do with cowardice.

Terren is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 10:08 AM       
This is one morbid topic. To tell you the truth most of your opions are worthless. You didn't even know the guy, so you can't even comment.

Just says something like oh shit, what about the Iraqs
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 12:13 PM       
It doesn't matter whether we know the guy or not. We're discussing suicide in general. I think it's something you should strongly consider.

Personally, I think suicide should be made legal and easy. They should sell letal doses of narcotics over the counter. It's the easy, painless way to die.

In my experience, people who really want to do it, do it correctly the first time. Then there are the attention getting, "I don't feel safe" people who are hospitalized dozens of times and make absolutely no progress. I wish I could force them to either do it or stop calling 911 on a weekly basis. They are the cowards. The people who do it right are most definitely not.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 12:27 PM       
i hate it when the government tries to save us from ourselves. wear your seat belt! don't smoke that! step away from the razor blade!
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 04:24 PM       
Well, I've never thought of it like that before. I guess suicide is the most selfless act that a person can do. Fuck all your family members you leave behind, scratching their heads and blaming themselves, I mean, everybody goes through pain and suffering, but, if the precious gift of life is just too much for you why stick it out and longer than you have too. Most suicide attempt survivors will say "Don't bother. It never gets any better"

Our understanding of Depression is vague and misdirected anyway, and these days they will just pump you full of pills, so why just torment yourself any longer than nessessary. If you've ever watched a TV show or read a magazine its obvious that if you aren't rich, smart, beautiful and come from a perfect home you'll never make anything of yourself or live a full life. Quit deluding yourself, Hemmingway did it, and look how fucking cool he was.

Besides, why add more burden to an already overcrowded healthcare system. Your country needs all the money it can get to build peacekeeping missles, to keep everyone safe from the THREAT OF TERROR from AGENTS OF EVIL. Who the fuck has all this cash to spend on something as gay as feelings. Fuck that.

WHEN YOU RIDE YOUR PROBLEMS OUT, YOU RIDE WITH BIN LADEN.

BLOW YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF. YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 04:31 PM       
Successful suiciders are not quitters. I admire their convicition and ability to follow through.

The fact that she committed the act in the stuffed animal section leads me to believe that she wanted to be serviced by a taxidermist.

Wherever you go, there you are.
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 05:20 PM       
lol they had suicide prevention week at my school three weeks ago and all the emo kids walked around crying and showing people the superficial cuts on their wrists, how sad

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 05:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
I thought the same thing, but then again in my main attempt I chose isopropyl because I knew it would be extremely painful and I wanted it as penance.
God makes people do wonderful things.
hix1122 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 05:39 PM       
I fucking hate when people commit suicide! fucking lazy ass bastards! People who commit suicide are ass holes who’s life isn’t going their way, so instead of doing something about it they end it. It’s the easy way out. anyone who tries to commit suicide should die. They get their wish, and its one less asshole to fuck up the gene pool.
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 05:42 PM       
my god you are lame.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 05:44 PM       
I AGREE EVERYONE STUPID SHOULD JUST DIE ARE YOU WITH ME 'CHICKEN MASTER'
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 06:32 PM       
If i were trying to commit suicide, i'd try to do it some sort of fun or entertaining way. Something people would talk about, ya know? Slitting your own throat is pretty hardcore, but i'd rather go skydiving without a parachute, or die trying to knife-fight a polar bear or something.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 06:41 PM       
Run naked through the Lion enclosure at the ZOO!
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:26 PM       
I wouldn't kill myself.

I'd die trying to destroy everything that I despise.

There's very little that I fantasize about more than going down with a gun in my hand while leading a revolution.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by hix1122
I fucking hate when people commit suicide! fucking lazy ass bastards! People who commit suicide are ass holes who’s life isn’t going their way, so instead of doing something about it they end it. It’s the easy way out. anyone who tries to commit suicide should die. They get their wish, and its one less asshole to fuck up the gene pool.
Keep fighting the bad fight. Someone might listen to you someday.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 09:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
I wouldn't kill myself.

I'd die trying to destroy everything that I despise.

There's very little that I fantasize about more than going down with a gun in my hand while leading a revolution.
I WOULD BLEACH MY HAIR AND RUN INTO A BAR WEARING ONLY A LOOSE FITTING PAIR OF SWEATPANTS SCREAMING ABOUT FREE MARKET ECONOMICS WHILE BRANDISHING A PISTOL I STOLE FROM MY STEPDAD'S LIQOUR CABINET ONLY TO BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE AND PUT IN JUVENIELLE HALL WHERE I'LL BE PRACTICALLY FORCED TO ARGUE WITH MY CELLMATE "NIGGA-ICE" THAT I WAS LIKE 5 CONVERSATIONS AND A DINNER AWAY FROM FUCKING THIS GIRL ON MY SCHOOLBUS.
adeptninja is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 09:04 PM       
What I want to know is why they leave killing old people up to the youth in asia...why cant americans do it?
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 09:13 PM       
In all seriousness I was suicidal for a little while. I didn't tell a soul that I contemplated death because they might've tried to stop me, but I did mope around like a pussy and drop out of school for a little bit, spending my days just sitting around thinking of why I wasn't happy. I honestly desired death because nothing made me happy.

I made a cocktail in my garage of things like antifreeze and rubbing alcohol and I starred at it for a good hour before throwing it outside and cooking me up a steak.
It was a really good steak because I seasoned it just right and cooked it up rare.

I would never have eaten that steak had I gone through with it. :o
And I never considered death an option since.