Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I can't be as good a demo as bad a soldier.
my brain hurts
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 12:15 AM       
There's an "as I am" supposed to be in there somewhere.

I've been writing very shittily lately. I think I have Alzheimer's.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 01:17 AM       
THIS JUST IN: John Morrison endorses Scotland.

Demoman cannot possibly lose.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM       
They need to skip the Threequel and jump straight to TEAM FOURTRESS
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 01:45 PM       
Ok, what the fuck, my 525 kills just got reduced to zero.

Everything nice I've ever said about Valve will be rendered stupid via hindsight if it's because they thought I was farming. I've bested MEN this week.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 06:38 PM       
They're just telling you to go outside.

So, uh... Go outside.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 06:39 PM       
how the hell is he supposed to kill soldiers outside
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 07:27 PM       
Afghanistan?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 02:35 AM       
It's December. In Oregon.

I just finished fall term, anyway, I get to be a shut in until next month
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 05:07 AM       
I'm seeing a lot more dead demomen than soldiers. Get going, will you.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 01:17 PM       
GUITAR WOMAN BLEW IT FOR DEMOMEN EVERYWHERE.

YOU FUCKING CHEAT.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 09:31 PM       
both classes kinda have their bullshit moments
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 15th, 2009, 02:13 AM       
Helmetless Soldier kinda looks like John Cena with his horrible crewcut

Edit: And holy shit, the Eyelander looks awesome. I was assuming the bottle would be replaced with a consumable liquor at some sort of stat expense, or that would just hamper you by making you too inebriated to aim properly. But a fucking broadsword? That will decapitate on a kill? And is haunted!? Fuck, Valve, you've redeemed yourselves from everything annoying/stupid/bad you've ever done. I don't give a shit if they ever release Episode 3 now.

I'm not quite sold on the Targe, although I barely use stickies anyway unless I'm spawn camping or tricking some dumb bastard into charging headlong into a minefield. The massive buffs against fire and explosive damage are absolutely sexy.

Also lol at the Newspaper headline calling Soldiers the easiest class ever :<

Edit edit: oh shit, and the new comic. I like that Valve's deepening character backgrounds, they even gave the announcer and the Demoman names.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Dec 15th, 2009 at 03:57 AM.
pickled
Old Dec 15th, 2009, 11:12 PM       
calm down, laddie
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 02:16 AM       
I'm dissappoint with the Direct Hit. It sounds like what the grenade launcher is when people use it right. Or an EXPLODING HUNTSMAN, which, while undeniably hardcore, sort of makes me wonder why you'd ever be a Huntsman Sniper when you can just be a rocket sniper with 200 health.

I keep thinking the SCO REC is Scout Rectal Exploder.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Dec 16th, 2009 at 04:06 AM.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 08:37 PM       
Mouthbreathing wins again

I wonder who the fuck saw that coming.

Also jesus christ, Soldiers already take barely any damage from their own shit, this is going to be retarded.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 08:51 PM       
Sweet, another CTF map. NEATO.

Also, I'm pretty sure the item would be the same for the demos, too.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM       
Stickyjumping isn't nearly as versatile or controllable as rocket jumping, I think. It's fine when a medic's buffing you and you aren't trying to be too precise, but other than that you'll lose half your health if you aren't incredibly careful, and most of the time I'll hit an invisible wall in the sky and completely miss where I'm aiming for, then take fall damage and have like 50 health left. It is pretty awesome on custom maps that Valve haven't edited skywalking out of yet, though, since I can leap to the top and rain down death on everyone indefinitely.

Now that I've thought about it a little I don't see anyone using the boots beyond the first few days since they replace the shotgun. A Soldier with no rockets left is a dead Soldier if he's not got his shotgun.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM       
Didn't think of that. That's a good balance for the boots.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 02:42 AM       
So I love the Eyelander a fucking lot, and the Scottish Resistance to a lesser extent

After I got the Eyelander the first thing I did was charge an overhealed heavy while he was busy shooting someone else, and kept hacking at him until I cut his head off. The medic on him couldn't believe it. :<

The SR requires that you un-learn nearly every instinct you have about using stickies, because they're a lot different. The main difficulty is not being able to detonate all of them at once, you only blow up bombs you've got highlighted. One thing I've found to work is to cluster them in groups of 3 all over the point, and detonate whichever ones become trouble spots. It's pretty nice to be able to cover points in stickies and not have to leave before you detonate to escape the blast radius. Plus, you don't have to have a straight line of sight to detonate them, you just have to be pointing at where they are. The further you get away from them the more stickies you select to detonate, I'm sure I'll find a use for that at some point.

I can't use the things for shit on Payload maps. It kind of feels like the Demoman's version of the Kritzkreig, where it's fucking awesome in certain situations but useless in others. It's not an Engineer killer, either.

The most annoying thing so far is when one or two stickies get blown to some obscure nook on the map by a pyro or soldier, and after you detonate all the ones you know about there are still 2 sitting around somewhere that you can't get rid of by any way other than shaking the mouse wildly and mashing right-click. It's not really a problem, just irritating.

The Chargin' Targe seems like it would be useful somewhere like 2fort's bridge or other completely straight, narrow chokepoints, but I only played the two new maps tonight and didn't have time to wrap my mind around the thing while learning the new levels.
pickled
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 10:57 PM       
Wish I magically had all the new weapons.
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 09:47 AM       
I haven't gotten any of the new weapons yet, but they look fun. I find it hilarious though when a demo charges at me as a pyro and I airblast him and roast him despite his fire resistance.

Also I smelted most of my unlocks because I was unaware that equipped items still showed up in the back pack :,(, now all I have is a sandvich, alot of metal, and a heavy class token.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM       
I have a bajillion items, so it never mattered to me.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 03:28 AM       
This update is actually a great time to play as an Engineer. Every Demoman is busy charging at everyone and cutting their heads off, and Soldiers have never really been any good at killing dug-in Engineers. I just fucking hate that the Direct Hit still gets a damage bonus on sentries; since they can't move out of the way, it's basically a no-consequences buff for destroying buildings.

I'm not sure why I have fun setting up a base and then twiddling my thumbs while I wait for people to get killed by my sentry gun, but I actually really like being an Engineer. If it's on a low-action map like 2fort or Dustbowl, though, it's probably a good idea to have a book lying around.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 05:57 AM       
WTF IS THIS TEAM OF FORTCRAFT?

Also, my Ghastlier Gibus is now green.

Get on my level, fgts