Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 07:14 AM        Which Begs the Question...
About a year ago I became a member of the elite few that actually know what this commonly (mis-)used phrase means. Ever since it's been driving me crazy each time I hear it because basically no one in the world seems to use it correctly. Most recently House MD said something like "which begs the question, what's killing this kid?!". So the writers can grasp hundreds of complex medical conditions and character interactions but still don't know the difference between begging a question and posing a question. It makes no sense.

http://www.whichbegsthequestion.com/defined/
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 07:46 AM       
Begging the question is petitio principii. Which begs the question, what is begging the question?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 08:27 AM       
Completely valid woes, but you'll have to be careful lest you turn into Seth.

Where I used to work, there was a physician who constantly used "in lieu of" to mean "in light of". In terms of temper, she wasn't one to be messed with, and everyone was afraid to say anything about it. I thought the same as you did..."this person who can apparently grasp sophisticated scientific concepts cannot differentiate?" I would look at my supervisor every time she said it. He would give me a warning look, and she went on to use "in lieu of" instead of "in light of" in speeches and Grand Rounds.

*shrug*
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 09:20 AM       
I'm sure down the line, she'll apperciate that she's made herself a complete jackass all these years, kitsa.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 02:27 PM       
I beg to differ.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM       
You beggar description.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM       
THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:09 PM       
BUT DON'T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:12 PM       
In my humble opinion.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:14 PM       
IRREGARDLESS!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM       
hahaha that one always gets my goat because it's something that basic comprehension should allow people to avoid
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:24 PM       
people and basic comprehension are not always in cahoots.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:28 PM       
I am rolling on the ground whilst laughing and trying to keep my buttocks intact.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 06:38 PM       
Despite the facts, you are wrong
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 08:09 PM       
Ooh la la
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 04:19 AM       
you people should of known better than to make a thread like this
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 02:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
IRREGARDLESS!
Belongs in the same category as "NUCULAR ENERGY".
You may already be there.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 02:17 PM       
I could care less about this thread

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM       
I COULD GIVE A CRAP
OH GOD
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 11:02 PM       
for all intensive purposes this thread is stupid
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 11:45 PM       
Yeah but Metalmilitia doesn't think so, supposably

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 11:53 PM       
i haven't never seen a thread so dumb
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 11:54 PM       
I seen one a while ago.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 12:04 AM       
I'D LIKE TO STATE THAT I THINK THE DINOSAUR IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT IN HIS ASSERTION THAT COMMON USAGE DOES NOT AFFECT DEFINITION

YOU MORONS
OH GOD
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 12:10 AM       
it does too